Best Salvage Beam Setup ever, garunteed.

Reaction score
    Through experimentation I have found a cool Salvage beam setup.

What you need,

1 Inner ship remote.
    2 Salvage Beam Computers and Salvage Beam Modules.

In this example "x" is a Salvage Beam Module and "o" is an empty space.

Place your innership remote anywhere on your ship you want.
    Place 2 or more SC's together then hit "c" on one then place your salvage beams in rows of 10 like this, leaving an empty space between the rows.
    xxxxxxxxxx
    oooooooooo
    xxxxxxxxxx
    oooooooooo
    xxxxxxxxxx

Now hit "c" on the other Salvage Beam Computer and place your rows of 10 SB Modules between the originals.
    Should look like this,
    xxxxxxxxxx
    xxxxxxxxxx
    xxxxxxxxxx
    xxxxxxxxxx
    xxxxxxxxxx

Now hit "c" on your inner ship remote and hit "v" on both Salvage Beam Computers.
    Hit "r" on your inner ship remote and name it whatever, Salvage would be a good name.
    Now, go into flight mode, hit "I", hit ship, weapons, drag the remotes icon to your hotbar.
    Click it and poof, all beams fire at once, no need for checkerboard patterns and all that crap anymore.

Make multiple rows slaving cannons, missiles, damage pulse or what ever to the SB Computers and mine like a pro.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    you can also place the salvage arrays of each salvage computer in waffle formations for the same result. the only question now is how efficient do you want your auto salvage system now?

Reaction score
    you can also place the salvage arrays of each salvage computer in waffle formations for the same result. the only question now is how efficient do you want your auto salvage system now?

That's very true. (Mod's = Modules for the noobys)
    I have found that with
    1 SC with 10 rows of mod's 5 deep linked with a damage pulse computer + mod's,
    1 SC with 5 rows of mod's 5 deep linked to a missile computer + mod's,
    1 SC with 10 rows of mod's 5 deep linked to a damage beam computer + mod's
    enables to wipe most asteroids in seconds.

Before anybody replies with "Link with a cannon computer for shorter cool down", let me say this, "Don't reply with that.
    I will post the exact number later after I build another ship just for that purpose but, I have no cool down period worth mentioning,
    every now and again it pauses for a brief split second but, that's it.

Reason = I have enough Capacitors and Reactors on my ship to generate and store more power than my ship requires by a long shot.
    I discovered the "no need for cannon slaves" by accident.
    I was actually just making a power core that was a bit beyond what I needed at the moment in order to prep for further expansion of my ship.
    I hadn't even had cannons linked up yet.

Reactions: WitherFireGaming
    Reaction score
    I like to have one computer and two waffles, one in front of the other. This allows me to aim it and focus it and stuff. I generally don't use secondaries and prefer to buy another ship or two of the same size. Weapon blocks just cost so much more I can just use fleet mining at that point.

Reaction score
    A simple set of beams 90 long in a chess board pattern in what ever width, height and no secondary effects is my favorite.
    It's cheap and easy to make and powerful enough to suck roids sufficiently fast

Reactions: Nickizzy