"Beam me up, Scotty"

Reaction score
    Wouldn't it be great if SM had teleporter blocks, which could teleport you to a certain location? It would make manoeuvring around large ships so much easier...

Reactions: therimmer96

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    This is on the planned feature list I believe, I know it is possible for starmade to do, but it will be a beta/release feature

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Personal teleports, non admin access to the /jump command with limitations such as a charge time, and maybe it is a specific piece of equipment you have to carry.

therimmer96

Reaction score
    The way I see block based teleporters working if they are planned, is you stand on block, a UI then shows similar to the nav menu, but only listing entities with teleporter blocks on. you choose a entity, press activate and it will tp you to a random teleport block on the entity :)

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    What about using beams similar to docking? You enter a teleporter block and aim your beam at another teleporter block and it would transport you there. Problem being that you'd have to be able to see the teleporter blocks. Maybe it could be done with something like build mode?

therimmer96

Reaction score
    What about using beams similar to docking? You enter a teleporter block and aim your beam at another teleporter block and it would transport you there. Problem being that you'd have to be able to see the teleporter blocks. Maybe it could be done with something like build mode?
    That seems like quite a hassle, the system I suggested would be click and go.

Extension to my previous post - their should be permissions on each block to define who can connect to this teleporter, and if anyone can. So if some one is not a high enough rank, they don't land there, and if they are not in your faction, they dont land at all. There should also be the possiblilty to have horrible consequences from teleporting, such as if 2 people beam out or in to the same pad, they can end up merged some how, and incontrol of the same entity, and require a special process to reverse this, if one goes offline, the person left incontrol would have to fight a randomised sequence of controls from the server, that would make being like this insufferable