• Total voters
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Sorry? battle mode?
    Never heard of that, now I feel nub.
    can you answer my vote? :p
    How can I activate that? what does it do? is it usefull?

edited:
    I believe it was something like sandbox mode but then unlimited resources read that on a thread of 2014 is that correct?

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    I too have absolutely no clue what 'battle mode' is. I guess this is just another one of those things that is documented nowhere that only the intelligentsia is privy to.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Considering its an incomplete and buggy feature still. Its documented only in the upodate news post that it was released with.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Sorry? battle mode?
    Never heard of that, now I feel nub.
    can you answer my vote? :p
    How can I activate that? what does it do? is it usefull?

edited:
    I believe it was something like sandbox mode but then unlimited resources read that on a thread of 2014 is that correct?
    I too have absolutely no clue what 'battle mode' is. I guess this is just another one of those things that is documented nowhere that only the intelligentsia is privy to.
    Battle mode was where an admin would dedicate a sector solely for battle. People could not enter or leave it through normal means, and after you were defeated, you and your ship were removed from the area. Your ship was to be fully repaired as well, so it was more of a sparring thing (I think that a copy of the ship was suppose to be teleported to the sector with you, with the original remaining safe and intact).

I remember there was a small huff when it came out, because of the care-bear approach to PvP that it was. Think this was what used in Blood and Steel to restrict them to a sector as well.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Copied from 0.16 update news post:

On a completely other area, an all new game mode has been added to StarMade. Because PvP in sandbox is always connected to time consuming rebuilding, fleeing ships, and other things that don't allow for quick simple fun, battle mode was created. Essentially, an admin can either run this mode on top of sandbox, or dedicate the server to the mode.

Dedicated means, that players will spawn in a personal sector that has its own unlimited shop. They can't leave that sector though.

This is how battlemode works:

1. A countdown will run down. Players can press k to look up the current status and leaderboards.

2. To enter a battle, the players have to join the battle factions defined by the admin. Those factions will always be open to join from the faction hub menu. Logged out players are automatically removed

3. Depending on what faction configuration have the most players, an FFA (if more players are in the FFA faction), or team battle (if more players are in the team factions) will start

4. upon start, all players are warped into battle in that ship they are currently in. A copy of that ship will remain in the personal sector. You can also warp into battle as an astronaut

5. Before the battle starts, the ships can neither fire nor move, except the astronauts, so they have time to man a turret of a teammate

6. The battle itself is deathmatch or team deathmatch at the moment, but more modes will come.

7. After the match, the players are brought back to their sectors where they can make changes to improve their fighters.

Admins can also define the map that is used in the battle secor by simply exporting a sector and setting that name in the config.

All the necessary options are in the server config. Please do not turn on personal sectors on existing sandbox servers as it might jail players (the sector mode to not be able to enter/exit can be set with admin commands).

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    So battlemode is exualy the name of the starmade arena?
    sounds logic now, weird that i never heard of it