Bug Back half of ship disappeared

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    So, this has happened twice now on a server. The first time I passed it off cause it was a tiny ship and maybe something happened. This second time, there's no way anything could've happened damage wise, I even used the ship while it was working!

I was playing the game, built the ship, went about my business, went and did some mining, came back, used the factory on the planet, got some more stuff, did a tiny bit more work on the ship, the game locked up seeming for no reason, I went to bed cause it was 5AM, got on today just 20 minutes ago and the back half of the ship is missing. It's not invisible chunks, it's gone. There's no shield gens, 2/3 of my mining array is missing, all of my reactor stabilizer is missing.

I wasn't done with the ship, so I didn't want to save a blueprint. Between the ship work and the crash, there was several points at which the game auto-saved. The server didn't crash, only I did.

I can't reasonably continue dealing with this, especially when it takes all the stabilizers and my ship then becomes a paperweight cause of the new "module power upkeep costs" and the reactor is now not at all stabilized producing not remotely enough power.

Attachments

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I fixed my ship. I catalogued it, I went off into space to mine. I clicked and held the right-click mine button for about a second or two, it crashed, and on relaunch I'm missing 1/3 of the left thruster. Java just outright crashed, I couldn't send an error report.

*edit*
    Also, I keep trying to print screen screenshot the game and it keeps taking screenshots of stuff that happened a significant amount of time ago.

Attachments

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Tester
    i dont think you would still be able to identify the logstamade.x.log file from the time when this crash (and the corruption) did happen ?
    (to be found in the logs folder of your starmade install)
    on what server did that happen?
    can i get the blueprint of the troublesome ship?
    i somehow get the feeling your client is verymuch out of sync with the server a lot of times here.
    you could thry to delete the client cache from the options menu (this will reset also chat windows afaik)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I'll try to replicate the issue and grab the log.

The way it happened for me was, I'd build the ship, forget to blueprint it, then go off and mine. Either immediately or within a minute or so of mining, I'd get a crash that'd not allow me to click on the send report button usually.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    just want to say that while I can't reproduce 100% at the time, I am also having this issue. Three times now I have made(really fixed) changes to a ship, logged out and logged right back in to see all the work having not saved. This started today, on a fresh install, with a blueprint 2 days old. Seems to happen more for larger cubes (20x20x20 + at a time)

Reaction score
    • Tester
    As always .. logfiles of the time that did happen would be appriciated by the devs.

Shaostoul .. ignore that report bug button thing. its outdated and the generated emails do not contain much of usefull information

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Okay, so I was finally able to trigger it again this time from sun damage. I built the ship pictured below, then went out and did things. I got a decent amount of mining done, then decided to try to see how close I could get to the inner asteroids but, apparently missed the pop-up for sun damage and took some damage. The damage ticked, I saw a chunk of ship debris, then crashed. All within a second. I included the logs but, I didn't realize some of the logs clear instead of adding another number to it. If I crash again, I'll make sure to save all the logs before I reload. I was scared about more sun damage though and loaded in a hurry. It doesn't seem to make any sense as to what section disappears. Also, this was on a different server and it was a fresh world. My connection to the server has been solid all night.

Also, is there any way to mine those close asteroids?

Attachments

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Was able to trigger a crash but, I've not reloaded yet. I was coming in to mine an asteroid, mined for about a couple seconds, then it crashed before I came to a stop, here's those logs.

*edit*
    No deleted sections on the ship.

Attachments

Reaction score
    • Tester
    A lot of raytrace warnings in there .. filling up logfiles in no time

try 2 things first
    Set the Memory to something more sane like:
    Screenshot_2.jpg

then change the grafics settings to medium (or maybe even compatibility medium) to see if that changes things
    if yes customize from there
    Screenshot_3.jpg