Axon User Interface Reskin

Reaction score

So got kinda bored of the original user interface, and figured I would try my hand at my own. I know there's supposedly a update coming to the HUD and whatnot soonish, but this should do nicely until then.

Axon UI is a sharp, colourful replacement for the default user interface. It's not perfect, some of the ways the default UI is done are a little strange, but it works well in most cases. If you do happen to see something I missed, or that looks out of place, please do share a screenshot, it will probably be very easy to fix.

_____________________________________________________________________________

I said colourful right? Originally I made it all in that kinda aquamarine in the topmost title, but I played with colours a bit and they looked pretty cool, so I provided the UI in 7 different colours which you are free to mix and match. Most of the extra colours were something I quickly added at the end, and they kinda clash with a few elements, I might update that in a future version.

There are also some alternate crosshairs I toyed with, and some panels have a UNSC logo faintly in the background for people who like Halo. All are optional, and found in the files.

The .zip contains 7 colours with several optional customizations.

Pick your colour, and place the contents of the contained data/image-resources folder in your starmade install directory, in my case this is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Starmade\StarMade\data\image-resource

To be perfectly honest, I'm not likely to hang around for a long time, so there is a high likely hood I will not be here to maintain this. With that in mind, you may (and I encourage you to):
    • Customize it for your own personal use
    • Share this UI via this page
    • Show this UI in videos and screenshots
    And provided I become inactive and am not heard from for several months, 1 person, may maintain and continue to share this pack, provided:
    • You have made an attempt to contact me via these forums
    • You give full credit of the original pack (to me)
      • Of course, if you update the pack and create new content, credit for that is yours
    However, please DO NOT:
    • Use this pack for monetary gain, for example re-uploading behind adf.ly
    • Rip or use the contents of this pack in your own work without my permission

Enjoy :)

Zyrr

Chronic Troublemaker
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Fantastic. Glad I was able to alpha test. :)

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Very well made! We now have three excellent HUD Reskins.

Mered4

Space Triangle Builder
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Could we get Star Wars Backgrounds? With maybe Empire, Old Republic, and/or Rebel Alliance insignia?

Or, the Jedi's insignia. That would be cool. I'm not really much of a Halo guy :D

Reaction score
    Could we get Star Wars Backgrounds? With maybe Empire, Old Republic, and/or Rebel Alliance insignia?

Or, the Jedi's insignia. That would be cool. I'm not really much of a Halo guy :D
    I think a starwars one will be nice to.

Reaction score

When I get some time I could look into this. Not much of a star wars guy myself though, these what you're talking about?

Given there is no easy way I can think of for customizing the images per user, each theme needs its own image, so when you have several colours with several logos, it makes for a LOT of duplicates. Might just do a Rebel and Empire logo.

Also, don't forget, the logos are entirely optional.

Last edited:

Mered4

Space Triangle Builder
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    When I get some time I could look into this. Not much of a star wars guy myself though, these what you're talking about?

Given there is no easy way I can think of for customizing the images per user, each theme needs its own image, so when you have several colours with several logos, it makes for a LOT of duplicates. Might just do a Rebel and Empire logo.

Also, don't forget, the logos are entirely optional.
    That is exactly what I was looking for. AMAZING.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    It could be more transparent. Right now it destroys immersion of sitting in a space ship.

I would like the hp and shield bar divided into 4 master-boxes to easily see 25% steps, as you might now not know if the shield is 62.5% or 68.75%, but it clutters up that part of your HUD.

But else it is nice.

EDIT: Sorry for necro. Was on the first page... am not used to such old posts on the first thread-list page :)

Last edited:

Zyrr

Chronic Troublemaker
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Last post > June 22nd

Original post > June 10th

Mentioned in post > he won't stick around for long

Your post > August 29th

>mfw

Let's not necrobump, please.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Hello! I'd like to request, or if it'd be greater insentive commision, a Forerunner-styled HUD
    Do you also do skins?

Zyrr

Chronic Troublemaker
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Once again, please note the dates and my previous post.

Thanks.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Once again, please note the dates and my previous post.

Thanks.
    Uhm, no. I have a legitimate offer, necro is adding something to thread that is 'dead' that is useless. I'm proposing possible work for the creator.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    @Tomha was active last Aug 26 so I would not consider a thread with an active author that is really not that old or abandoned to be liable for "Necroing"

Reactions: Wolfiy

Zyrr

Chronic Troublemaker
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    If Tomha were back and were ready to accept offers I am positive he would say something here. I would suggest you had PM'd him prior to making a post and asked him if he was still an active member and willing to take requests.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    If Tomha were back and were ready to accept offers I am positive he would say something here. I would suggest you had PM'd him prior to making a post and asked him if he was still an active member and willing to take requests.
    Well, we will just have to wait and see.