Auto Save crashing game during Super build

Reaction score
    Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me with some trouble I'm having.

I'm trying to build a large ship but the game keeps crashing whenever it goes to auto-save.

The dimensions of the build are:
    Length: 9500m
    Width: 2375m
    Height: 535m

I went into the ServerConfig.cfg and changed the sector size so that the ship could fit in one sector. The increase in sector size has not given me any trouble before this build.

My laptop running the game is working with 4GB of memory so I was wondering if a lack of memory is causing the problem. I have some other large builds and they have been fine up until this new project, which is my largest build.

Any advice and suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advanced.

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Can you check the /logs directory, wipe the contents, launch the game and let the autosave crash it, then upload those logs here. (may need to zip it, to make the forum accept the files)
    I can look into them then, to find the exact cause.

- Andy

Reaction score
    Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

I did what you instructed and have attached the logs. Couldn't get them into a .zip so hope this .rar will be alright (used WinRAR).

Attachments

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Cant see a specific reason, except one of the main threads ending out of nowhere.

However, are you aware the game is running in 32bit java mode?
    I assume you have a 64bit system, and thus should uninstall all java versions and get a 64bit version only to avoid this.

After this, try again, it should work then. (Assuming a memory outage in one of the threads.)

- Andy

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    I just want to add,there is not enough RAM memory in this whole world that will help you if you continue with this 9000+m monster xD
    I estimate you would have a trouble loading a decently filled 1km ship (barely) especially on laptop :p
    I assume you have "drawn segments" way down,and the ship is still only thin lines for measuring?
    Maybe I am a bit too honest,but I gotta warn you,I saw tons of people who were excited to build something 1:1 from a certain show,and then after tons of hours into it,they realize they cant even complete 1% and I never saw them again hahaha.
    Trust me I was almost one of those people and I only tried to build 800m x 800m x 800m ship
    And I consider my pc decent for starmade hahaha