Recognized by Council Auto-buy for blueprints?

TF2

Reaction score
    It's a pain in the ass and takes forever to go to a shop, buy specific things, then go to a different re-stocked shop, buy things and so on.
    Why can't you just go near a shop, click on an "Auto-Buy" button, and not worry about missing some blocks?
    For me, it takes almost 20 minutes to spawn a small, simple ship from a blueprint.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    click on an "Auto-Buy" button, and not worry about missing some blocks?
    Sounds to me like you're trying to spawn in ships to free. You can do this on the "admin" tab with the "admin load" button.

If you're not talking about spawning in ships for free, I hate to break it to you, but you're talking about spawning in ships for free.

TF2

Reaction score
    Sounds to me like you're trying to spawn in ships to free. You can do this on the "admin" tab with the "admin load" button.

If you're not talking about spawning in ships for free, I hate to break it to you, but you're talking about spawning in ships for free.
    Not at all, you click on an "auto-buy" button near a shop, it buys all the resources in stock for you from the shop for your credits, then you don't have to worry about each block on a large ship.

It takes ages for me to find a big ship, rightclick on the blueprint, find a block I need, close the blueprint, search for the block, buy the correct amount then repeat it with 80 other blocks in 20 different shops

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    If you're talking about:
    • Cleaning a shop out of all of its resources
    The full value of a shop is a lot of credits. There's also a whole lot of stuff in shops that you probably really don't care about (like planet terrain). Prepare to be poor quickly, run out of inventory space, and carry around lots of useless stuff.
    • Filling a blueprint with as many resources as possible from a shop
    First of all, you're still going to run out of money - even small ships cost millions of credits. When you run out of money, you're going to be very interested in how many blocks you still need, because you'll have no money and you'll have to craft them. There's also a big difference between buying 50,000 power capacitors (which can be crafted with trash) and buying 50,000 shield capacitors (which are crafted with god's tears). I would suspect this feature doesn't exist because coming up with a priority system for what order to purchase blocks in such that you wouldn't end up screwed over by the "buy all" button would be hard, and no one fills blueprints at shops anyway (because no one can afford it and shops cap out too low).

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    • Filling a blueprint with as many resources as possible from a shop
    First of all, you're still going to run out of money - even small ships cost millions of credits. When you run out of money, you're going to be very interested in how many blocks you still need, because you'll have no money and you'll have to craft them. There's also a big difference between buying 50,000 power capacitors (which can be crafted with trash) and buying 50,000 shield capacitors (which are crafted with god's tears). I would suspect this feature doesn't exist because coming up with a priority system for what order to purchase blocks in such that you wouldn't end up screwed over by the "buy all" button would be hard, and no one fills blueprints at shops anyway (because no one can afford it and shops cap out too low).
    Running out of resources is to be ignored, because if one wasn't in posession of enough resources in the first place, the entire act of spawning the blueprint would be impossible, regardless of what one did.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Running out of resources is to be ignored, because if one wasn't in posession of enough resources in the first place, the entire act of spawning the blueprint would be impossible, regardless of what one did.
    ...wait, what? If you have enough resources, screw the shop and just use the fill all button on the blueprint.

TF2

Reaction score
    I like it how I talk about a suggestion which makes blueprints much easier to use and all of the sudden a guy thinks I'm talking about admin-spawning, running out of money and cleaning a shop of it's resources.

FFS, I'm talking about a button which you can use near a shop which buys all the resources needed for the blueprint which are in stock. What is so hard to understand?!

Last edited:

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I agree that it should be an option on a blueprint, with it being only active on a single blueprint in inventory at a time. (No loading up on 4 blueprints at once.)

To clarify: this option would only buy blocks needed for the blueprint, not everything else in the shop.

It could quickly bankrupt a player who uses it, but that's the price you pay (literally, in this case) for convenience.

Default priority? Alphabetical first? Most expensive first? Least expensive first? Rarest first? User-selectable priority?

TF2

Reaction score
    I agree that it should be an option on a blueprint, with it being only active on a single blueprint in inventory at a time. (No loading up on 4 blueprints at once.)

To clarify: this option would only buy blocks needed for the blueprint, not everything else in the shop.

It could quickly bankrupt a player who uses it, but that's the price you pay (literally, in this case) for convenience.

Default priority? Alphabetical first? Most expensive first? Least expensive first? Rarest first? User-selectable priority?
    Finally, someone who understands my simple concept.
    It should be most-stocked first.

Reaction score
    Just add a "Buy" button on the side of each material that ativate near a shop, this opens a new windows and you chose how much of that item you want to buy.

Reactions: SkaireKrough

TF2

Reaction score
    Just add a "Buy" button on the side of each material that ativate near a shop, this opens a new windows and you chose how much of that item you want to buy.
    It would still take a pretty long time to click on each "Buy" button and enter the needed amount.

Reaction score
    It would still take a pretty long time to click on each "Buy" button and enter the needed amount.
    How about having both? The indepent buy button per material AND at the top or bottom the auto buy?

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    He's very clearly not talking about robbing shops or spawning for free, and he's not said anything to indicate that he doesn't think components should matter.

There is already an ADD ALL button. This is a pretty good indicator that the devs don't intend blueprint spawning to be a tedious, time-consuming process. I think the OP's suggestion follows pretty naturally. If I have 500M credits and am at a shop with everything I need, why should I spend 10 minutes buying all the junk to spawn a disposable fighter I want to use in a duel that will probably be trash 15 minutes after it's spawned anyway?

Press ADD ALL, to add everything I already have in my inventory (typically core, power, thrusters, and shields at least), then press BUY ALL to buy what remains from the shop (if possible based on credits and shop stock), then press SPAWN. Simple. 10-second spawn process.

I like it.

TF2

Reaction score
    He's very clearly not talking about robbing shops or spawning for free, and he's not said anything to indicate that he doesn't think components should matter.

There is already an ADD ALL button. This is a pretty good indicator that the devs don't intend blueprint spawning to be a tedious, time-consuming process. I think the OP's suggestion follows pretty naturally. If I have 500M credits and am at a shop with everything I need, why should I spend 10 minutes buying all the junk to spawn a disposable fighter I want to use in a duel that will probably be trash 15 minutes after it's spawned anyway?

Press ADD ALL, to add everything I already have in my inventory (typically core, power, thrusters, and shields at least), then press BUY ALL to buy what remains from the shop (if possible based on credits and shop stock), then press SPAWN. Simple. 10-second spawn process.

I like it.
    ^^
    Basically a detailed version of what I said without any confusion.
    This would be useful for factions which use swarms of disposable fighters.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Blueprints aren't intended to be carried around and spawned from your inventory forever, half of the system is based on the (Not yet added) shipyard, which would allow you to set up automated factories to make all the blocks you needed without having to go and manually craft X of Y and insert.

As for the idea (as maybe a temp thing), I have no opinion. I don't play 'legit' currently, but I thought the main way of gathering blocks and such was intended to be through crafting and such?

Could be useful for those that store all their blocks in a shop on their station, which would include fast spawning battleships and other larger ships.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I am going to bump this, because I found the thread in a google search and think this feature should be added.

Especially useful for those ships that have 30 types of decorative blocks all over the place.

Reactions: MacThule

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    Necro it may be but this idea has some uses. Being able to buy the blocks from a shop all at once or as many as possible would be rather handy. If either the shop runs out of specific block or the player runs out of money it stops buys blocks. In the case of the shop running out of a specific block it just moves on to the ones you can buy rather than stopping outright.

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score
    It's a good, simple suggestion. I don't know what all the fuss is about. This has been suggested on a couple of threads and it is a time-saver. The mechanics to do this are almost in place already (Add all button) so it would require minimal extra work to implement. Saving tedium is saving players who might otherwise get frustrated by yet another overly complex element and give up on SM.

Straw-man argument: shipyards mean this is not needed. Shipyards may be enhanced but they are not going replace the functionality of BPs.
    Blueprints will remain a vital part of the game as they are the means by which we save our builds for sharing on the Dock and between Servers and SP or by e-mail to a friend. Shipyards and designs are pretty advanced so I doubt BPs will be eliminated. If they were nobody could save their builds until they had constructed a shipyard and that is just daft.