Attach Permissions to Quarters Instead

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    I'm basing this largely on what I've heard and assumed quarters are going to be.

The idea is really attach permissions to the quarter to allow an area of permission. Since its likely that Quarters are a type of bounding box, it can define permissions for an entire space. This could be for operating as well as building within the space. Especially if you could attach a players in-game when set to personal permissions. This would finally let someone "own" a room in a faction and do whatever they wanted with it. As well as allowing anyone to operate everything in a room.

Reactions: MacThule
    Reaction score
    Currently you can do this with a docked room with its own claimed personal faction block though no station blocks is a bummer

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    Currently you can do this with a docked room with its own claimed personal faction block though no station blocks is a bummer
    Yeah but its harder then it should be and takes more processing resources then the better, faster and more usable alternative.

Last edited:

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score
    I hope a mechanic like this is included. It would open the door for 'internal sensors' that would be used to detect intruders and located mission-critical NPCs during missions.