Ask keptick

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    The votes are now open, players now have the possibility to chose who they want to represent the community! With an abundance of choices, it can get hard to make a proper decision (or decisions) without knowing the people being voted for, which is why I made this thread!

If you have any questions for me that the application didn't cover, post em' here!

Also, good luck to the other participants!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Define your stance with regards to PVP vs Non-PVP players.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Favourite type of cake?

you had to see this coming.

Reactions: Nauvran

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Are you soon done with Charon?

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    How optimistic/pessimistic are you about your influence on the game as a council member?
    In other words, do you believe that your role as a councilor has an influence on the games direction and or smaller details within the game?

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Define your stance with regards to PVP vs Non-PVP players.
    I believe that both are not mutually exclusive. Ideally, in a server environment, I think that both should need each other to survive. So for example, non-PvP players would provide PvP players with resources and other services such as cargo-hauling, and in return the PvP players would provide a source of income and protection. But that's really just my personal opinion, as a Councillor I'd present to the devs what the community wants.
    Favourite type of cake?
    you had to see this coming.
    You
    Are you soon done with Charon?
    Uh... hmmm... NEXT QUESTION PLEASE!

I'm actually getting close, yea. It's mostly system-related stuff that's left to do. But I bet that an update will come out and ruin everything, again...
    How optimistic/pessimistic are you about your influence on the game as a council member?
    In other words, do you believe that your role as a councilor has an influence on the games direction and or smaller details within the game?
    I believe so, yes. Speaking from experience, the council has a lot of sway when it comes to game balance, mostly because Lancake couldn't possibly balance the game without knowing what's in need of balancing. In addition, some features have made it into the game thanks to the council. A good example of that is teleporters, there was no plans to add teleporters to the game before one of us poked the devs into reading one of the good teleporter suggestion threads. The devs liked it, added it to their plans, and implemented it in the game something like a month after the initial suggestion was posted!
    Where were you on the 30th of frostfall
    Eating popcorn on the sidelines :D
    What is love?
    Baby don't hurt me
    Don't hurt me
    No more

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    What is your involvement status with odium, I've seen you posted on their threads and such am curious to know what you do with them.

What is your primary playstyle?

How many hours have you played that playstyle?

Do you focus on one type of game mechanic or do you like to spread out?

Do you do alot of R&D?

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    What is your involvement status with odium, I've seen you posted on their threads and such am curious to know what you do with them.
    I used to be a part of Odium. Also, I like to get involved in faction stuff when it's not dead.

What is your primary playstyle?
    Building ships in SP and killing people with them on servers. I've had my fair share of PvP, PvE, mining, trading, and plain ship building.

How many hours have you played that playstyle?
    Hard to tell since I did many things. But in total I spent over 1k hours playing the game since I discovered it 3+ years ago.

Do you focus on one type of game mechanic or do you like to spread out?
    I tried out pretty much everything the game has to offer, and enjoy most aspects of it. Except mining. Mining is boring.

Do you do alot of R&D?
    Yes. Most of it goes into my titan "Charon", it's sort of an accumulation of every good idea I had in this game. I'm the one that invented (or at least popularized) the use of drone racks. I've also been called a cheater on more than one occasion after winning PvP battles, so I guess that's a good thing? (FYI I never use exploits or glitches, I find it boring)

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    What digital/ real world experience do you bring to the table that could better interpret players ideas into usable mechanics of the game?

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    What digital/ real world experience do you bring to the table that could better interpret players ideas into usable mechanics of the game?
    Care to be a bit more specific? Not sure that I understand your question...

If you mean coding; I don't code, but I understand the basics. If you mean just experience in general, I was on the previous council, so I have certainly gotten familiar with handling suggestions.

Top 4ce

Force or Ace?
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Do you have enough turrets? If not, do you need more?

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Do you have enough turrets? If not, do you need more?
    Yes. I definitely need more turrets. And I'd add more if the collision lag from them moving didn't create a temporal rift in the universe...

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    What is your opinion regarding oversized tuning forks?