1. 19th of July, 2019: SMD is currently under maintenance, the site may go down while we are working on it. Apologies for the inconvenience.
    2. We've removed some functionality from SMD in preparation for a migration to new forum software. We expect to make the move before July.

Ask Cookie

Discussion in 'Council' started by HolyCookie, Jan 7, 2016.

1. HolyCookie

Hey astronauts, got any questions for me?

What I want to achieve:
      1. A way to make multiplayer combat and interaction more fun and more common!
      2. Justice! Nobody should get away with flaming, or flame baiting
      3. An economy based on Demand&Supply
      4. fun things for every astronaut, from builder to thinker to fighter
      5. that the community will be heard

Vote for Cookies and my personal opinion shall not influence the decisions, the only opinion that counts is yours, the community!

And I will change me signature to this:

Greetings from the council!

ezgif.com-crop.gif
      Next one!

Let the Q&A begin!

#1 HolyCookie, Jan 7, 2016
      Last edited: May 8, 2016
      • Like Like x 1
    2. Rezerian

What digital/ real world experience do you bring to the table that could better interpret players ideas into usable mechanics of the game?

3. HolyCookie

I play the game more than using the forum, not focus on 1 thing but on multiple things, like logic gates, rails, multiplayer fighting and building ships, with this I know more about the game and know what can be very annoying for people. I want to use my experience, then look at others and see why they think certain stuff, test it and see if what they tell is true, even if it isn't true for me. My experience is that those who use the product know most, my opinion will adjust to the community, this means that I can bring the most wanted things and realize them.

added:
      Must say though, when I build a ship, It's made to be used primarily in combat either that or it's a core with thruster and reactor.

#3 HolyCookie, Jan 7, 2016
      Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
      • Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    4. HolyCookie

Vote for the new signature!

[​IMG]

Anyone questions left?

5. Jake_Lancia

Jake_Lancia Official Source of Blame

How would you go about making PvP more accessible for normal players?

6. HolyCookie

First of all, I think combat is too scarce on servers due to the value of ships. Even if a person or a faction has millions of resources, making the ship can take hours due to the factory system. Having put in 1-2 hours just filling a blueprint, players are less likely to go into combat with the change to lose their ship. By making ship production via factories easier, players are more likely to engage in combat because all they needed was resources. I think it should be as easy as: "put the blueprint and resources in and get the ship out" Though this should only be possible using shipyards. Which means shipyards will first need to be clean and perfect.

Besides the ship production, I want to get rid of lag sources in the most player friendly way. A player should not need to refit all the ships due to an update to fix lag. One of the major sources of lag is collision primarily when fighting a ship with "docked reactors" This docked reactor gives ships extra power generation thus simply making it impossible to use is not an option. Replacing it could work as long as it is correctly balanced.

I think balancing shouldn't be done yet. Balancing weapon, power and shield systems are things to do in the beta. Only major balancing should be done when for example a weapon is totally overpowered. If we keep balancing systems right now, an update might come and unbalance it all. This means it is just a loss of time.

As for faction PvP and such, the devs already have plans that will improve a lot of things.

I hope this answers your question Jake_Lancia

• Agree Agree x 2
    7. MeRobo

MeRobo Scrub

Will you forward suggestions to the devs independent of who the author is?

8. HolyCookie

If I get re-elected I would forward suggestions independent of who the author is just like I did last 4 months.
      If you'd ask me who suggested most suggestions last term, I've got no idea. I only look at the suggestion and see it if they are good/liked I forward them.

• Like Like x 1
    9. Bogdan

Bogdan Grand Master of OOB

How would you bring this about?

10. HolyCookie

Much of it would include the grand exchange suggestion Brainstorm This - #The Solution to Economy - The Exchange
      I like it because it means there will be actual trade instead of getting stuff from 1 shop to another where they buy everything even if it is really trash.

11. HolyCookie

I did a personality test and this was the result:
      ESFP Personality (“The Entertainer”) | 16Personalities

Read through it if you want to know what kind of person I am.

For those who want to know the stats:
      Your personality type: “The Entertainer” (ESFP-A)
      Strength of individual traits:
      Extraverted: 68%, Introverted 32%_____This means I am more likely to say my opinion instead of keeping it in mind.
      Observant: 59%, Intuitive 41%_________This means I first observe a situation before doing something.
      Feeling: 60%, Thinking 40%__________This means I speak with my emotions (but in some conversations I think for 99% and 1% emotion).
      Prospecting: 72%, Judging 28%________This means I choose to give people a chance before I judge them.
      Assertive: 77%, Turbulent 23%_________This means Assertiveness - An Introduction | SkillsYouNeed couldn't put it in better words.
      Role: Explorer
      Strategy: People Mastery

#11 HolyCookie, May 19, 2016
      Last edited: May 19, 2016
    12. ZeroRa

ZeroRa Vaygr Representative

So a few minor things that should be implemented....

1. Fleets maintain orders even the owner of said fleets log out
      2. Re-introduce logic scanners
      3. Inverse faction point configs become default
      4. Create Faction point cap value in config

• Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    13. Nauvran

Nauvran Cake Build Server Official Button Presser

It seems that you took a wrong turn and ended up in the wrong thread.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    14. HolyCookie

Hey, not too bad of a turn ending up at a councilor :3

15. ZeroRa

ZeroRa Vaygr Representative

Cookie is a current councillor

16. Nauvran

Nauvran Cake Build Server Official Button Presser

your post just souded like it needed to be in a suggestion thread and not an "ask a council participant" thread

17. OttoVonBismarck

What does the council do?

18. Bogdan

Bogdan Grand Master of OOB