Ask, and I shall Answer. Criss' Q&A

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Alright. It is obvious this is the latest trend here. I see lots of these. When I get the chance I am going to scope out applications and other Q&A threads. I might as well answer questions too! So go ahead and shoot :D

Reactions: SkylordLuke
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    1.if you could,what is the main thing you would change in starmade ASAP.
    2.whats your idea of a big ship? :p
    3.also,how do you feel about people possibly electing a really bad person for the council. are you still going to work with him/her?

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    1.if you could,what is the main thing you would change in starmade ASAP.
    2.whats your idea of a big ship? :p
    3.also,how do you feel about people possibly electing a really bad person for the council. are you still going to work with him/her?

1: Right now, it would be ship health. I was messing with my ships earlier today. I discovered the mass spawn options from the admin catalog. It was fun to watch pre-determine battles take place with my ships. But some of the ships failed quickly. Others did not. It was all about core placement. And I really want to see how that will change when the health system is here.

2: I have two types of big ships. The first being ones that are usuable. Anything above 800 meters really, but under 1.1 kilometers. It probably differs from person to person based on computers. I will be building a lot of these sized ships in my projects. The second type would be the game breaking ships. The one featured in this video is on the small end of the spectrum.
    I want to build at least one of the EVE capitals. Fully furnished. It would be truly legendary. But that is for a later time.

3: I think everyone wants the best people on the council. Especially after previous attempts at getting in touch with the players. Now players have a choice and that is not something many game companies offer. If poor choices are made, then we have all failed. I will work with people sure. This is more of a relay of information, and not just the selected few pushing their own desires on the dev team. If I disagree with someone, then I will be disagreeing with more then just them, but others that have voiced the same thing. Nothing here will be personal.

MeRobo

Scrub
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Would you represent the wish of (as far ai I know) many players to reballance armour, despite having a different oppinion according to one of your videos (I think it has to do with the Impairor)?

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    Would you represent the wish of (as far ai I know) many players to reballance armour, despite having a different oppinion according to one of your videos (I think it has to do with the Impairor)?
    There are so few changes that we can make to armor that would give us a different outcome to what we have already seen. When ship health comes out I think it is weapons that will need more of the fine tuning.

MeRobo

Scrub
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    That sounds like a reason for voting you to me.

Reaction score
    What are some questions you think the council application should have asked but did not?

In the event of a tie, what should be the tie-breaker?

When did you leave the human-trafficking trade?

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    What are some questions you think the council application should have asked but did not?

In the event of a tie, what should be the tie-breaker?

When did you leave the human-trafficking trade?
    1: Honestly, I'm not really sure the questions missed much. We know what the applicant thinks of this position, which should tell us how well they understand it. Their age, how much time they want to devote. The site admins managed to get any warnings those applicants posted publicly on their app. I think maybe we could ask them if they lean towards a certain part of the community. A particular server or group of people. We want it to be a wide selection I think.

2: Chances are they will take both people. Having one additional person isn't an issue so long as the extra person has a good head about it. They are more concerned with getting the right people.

3: Well, I didn't want to mention it, but I left that part of my life when there were no more humans to sell
    What I am saying is your souls are already gone and you are actually all robots.

have a nice day. :)

Reaction score
    Regarding #3: That would explain a lot. But if so, I seem to be a highly defective model... :confused:

Reactions: Criss
    Reaction score
    Hi!
    In your vids - there were some instances where you alluded to direct communication to "the devs" - i am guessing calbiri here... what is up with that?

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Serious questions: (sorry if some were already asked)
    How often will you respond to people on the forums? How long will you be able to give genuine responses to all the half-assed ideas people bring before you start getting frustrated?
    Are you going to be bias'ed towards one set of issues and not the other? What issues are the closest to your heart? Do you already have a set list of issues that you want to lobby for? How much clout do you have in the system?
    Do you think Schema needs a team of coders, and not just himself? How will he recruit/pay for a team, and what would a dream team look like?
    What do you think of Schema? Do you know him personally, or have you spoken with him at all? What is he doing right, and what could he be doing... better on? What do you think of the staff/management here?
    How will managing this job affect the quality/frequency of your videos? Will you create videos about specific issues you have in mind?
    What do you think of the ship sizes as of late? If you were to redesign the ship class chart, what would the new masses be?
    What is your relationship with the other "semi-famous" people in Starmade? Do you respect their views, disagree with their views, etc? What about your relationship with the staff? With me? :p
    Are you in school? What are you studying in school? How is it going?
    Do you have a job? How is it? Will this new job/volunteer position affect your real life job?
    What kind of books do you read? What kind of movies do you watch? What is your favorite genre?
    How confident are you about winning a seat? If their were only 8 seats, and you ended up coming in 9th, who would be the guy right above you in 8th you think? If you weren't elected, who would you want to be elected in your place?
    What do you think about these questions? Am I doing it right?
    Why do you make such shitty ships? XD Alright, that is provocative, but in all seriousness, you "balance" your ships to your first one, why do you think that people need to make smaller weapons? What if people disagree on your view for "larger ships, more hull, less weapons"? Would you respect/recognize their points, or politely refute them? Do you want starmade to be a .config type of game, where servers can easily adjust values for nearly everything, allowing in specialized servers which all have their niche?
    How crazy ar- Ahem. Do you believe we landed on the moon? Have you watch the Apollo documentary videos made by NASA? (they are like 20 minutes long each, made in the 1970's.) What is your stance on climate change? Do you think republican governors banning discussion of climate change in their office's will finally rid the globe of this threat? Is it a threat? Do you believe that political scientists that are paid to write bogus articles (happens on both sides) could be the main cause of American's distrust in Science?
    How much of an astronomer are you? What do you think of Pluto?
    If you were a meme, what would it be? What is your favorite meme? Reaction image? What is your least favorite? What do you find most annoying?

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    Hi!
    In your vids - there were some instances where you alluded to direct communication to "the devs" - i am guessing calbiri here... what is up with that?
    I suppose cal trusts me. Most of the things he says to me happen over my stream or in comments on my channel, making it all public. None of it is unknown information. It's more like he is clarifying things in upcoming releases.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1429211419,1429210092][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Serious questions: (sorry if some were already asked)
    1: I can respond every day. As for half assed responses, crimson artist already made up some easy copy-pastable pictures for that.

2: Well regardless as to what I say, the devs probably have a better idea as to what needs being done first and why. I am leaning towards getting these building functions out. As much as I would like to see it happen now, I think balancing weapons and health will probably come later.

3: I actually heard in chat the other day that he already has new team members. I think it is necessary. If the game wants to get going anywhere big it will need to happen.

4: I don't really talk to him all that often. Most times it happened during live stream when cool updates came out. I think he is very focused but very busy. Right now he's really good at coding. I think other people like andyp and duke handle management of things.

5: I don't plan on stopping. If anything looking for a real job will be the biggest issue and the channel has already taken a hit because I am searching for work.

6: They should all be based off eve. :P I like my big ships.

7: For the most part I think I am in good relations with everyone. I haven't gotten into any sort of fight really. Maybe we disagree but I just kinda wait to hear what the devs say before I give up on an idea. There are other people I would like to talk to though.

8: I finished a two year degree for multimedia design last spring. If I could stay for another two years that would be sweet, but it would probably kill me.

9: No job. I am good at separating my work life from my personal life. They will not effect either.

10: I'd like to read more, but I haven't read much recently. Last series I read was the Song of Ice and Fire AKA Game of thrones. I am looking forward to Star Wars which just released another trailer and I pretty much just love actiony and slightly funny movies.

11: Hmm. I wouldn't mind too much. I would be kinda surprised. If it wasn't me then it better be someone like crusade, megacrafter, Dalmont. Those would be the first three. I read all applications yesterday. I've got a list that I like.

12: We will go with sure! :P

13: I'm for smaller weapons for a few reasons. Any ship that has a turret on it that is not proportional to the ship looks silly. If they want to take it to that silly and massive scale, then there should be some sort of change in how it operates. It is slow to rotate or fires rounds slower. There should be a sweet spot for turret size. The damage output I demonstrated in my videos wasn't exactly where I wanted it. Also, being able to take out large swaths of hull with a single missiles is a bit boring. Take a look at the last star trek movie. The USS Vengeance was like 3 times the size of the Enterprise, it was vastly superior in weapons capability, yet the missiles it shot were doing so little damage compared to the size of the entire ship. The Enterprise still functioned after taking the equivalent of 2 broadsides from the Vengeance. Lengthy answer, but I hope that makes more sense now.

14: I hate politics so much that I will not even answer these questions. But yes we landed on the moon.

15: I like to find the planets with my naked eye one the walk over to my friends house. I usually visit at night so I get to see a night sky then. I don't really do astronomy. Not about to spend money on a telescope. Pluto was never a planet. That was out mistake.

16: Probably something to do with Nic cage. You don't say maybe?

Reactions: Master_Artificer
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    1: Is the balance of starmades content and game mechanics a very important subject to you?
    2: Will you try to prioritize your council work on analyses/suggestions/solutions regarding balance?
    3: Do you think that your current way of designing ship systems, would cloud your view on system balance suggestions, due to not experiencing the full capabilities of said systems with your way of building ships?
    4: Will try to find ways to make interiors more usefull, or overally encourage les systems per mass?
    5: Will you, due to your love for eve ships, try to suggest eve like game mechanics such as warp scramblers, mircowarp drives and what not?

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    1: Is the balance of starmades content and game mechanics a very important subject to you?
    2: Will you try to prioritize your council work on analyses/suggestions/solutions regarding balance?
    3: Do you think that your current way of designing ship systems, would cloud your view on system balance suggestions, due to not experiencing the full capabilities of said systems with your way of building ships?
    4: Will try to find ways to make interiors more usefull, or overally encourage les systems per mass?
    5: Will you, due to your love for eve ships, try to suggest eve like game mechanics such as warp scramblers, mircowarp drives and what not?
    1: It is very important. I want ship battles to make sense and I want larger ships to have an opprotunity to be boarded. Balancing might come later down the line though.
    2: I think I will be able to visit multiple mediums and give player feedback to the devs. I think that if someone like cal is doing balance while schema codes, then I will be working with them to make sure balanced features come through.
    3: I think I understand the capabilities of ships. The refits of my ships is actually almost completely filling any empty spaces I have left. If anything I know exactly where to take the re balancing in order to make large ship battles survivable. Small ships should be more easily obliterated.
    4: I would love it if interiors were useful. I think for that to happen, there needs to be more things happening in the world. Hunger, oxygen, thirst. Computer systems on board a ship besides the weapon computers would be nice. I'd like to think that the systems we have are the mechanical bits, but there isn't enough computer tech installed to run it all. My single jump computer shouldn't handle the entirety of my battleships jump drives. Perhaps we need to attach the decorative computer blocks to the main computer to make sure it works at 100%. I think we will also see more of that on capital ship systems.
    5: Warp scramblers could be a thing. I think StarMade would do well with interdiction spheres. I'm not for all eve mechanics, but starmade already has a lot of the same concepts in place. I think some could do well in StarMade. Microwarp drives are already a thing with push/pull effects.

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Thank you for answering my questions!

(that political question may, or may not, have been seeded in my head on the way to classes this morning XD )

Glad to know that you agree with me on pluto :P
    The moon thing I ask now after someone challenged me that we didn't. I was astounded in stupidity XD

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Sadly not the answers i was hoping for, but thats what these Q&As are for after all. (If you want feedback, ill offer to explain that in a PM to keep this Q&A clean)
    But big thanks for answering my question honestly, Criss.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    As much as I would love to be on this council, I have to submit my withdrawal from the election. I know at least a few people were dedicated to getting me there, I thank you for the thought. I do not have the time to take a part in this. Some things have come up and I have to deal with them. Nonetheless, I will remain a part of this community, and perhaps I will try again in the future!

Duke has already been informed and has taken me off the ballot. Good luck to those still running!

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    4: I would love it if interiors were useful. I think for that to happen, there needs to be more things happening in the world. Hunger, oxygen, thirst. Computer systems on board a ship besides the weapon computers would be nice. I'd like to think that the systems we have are the mechanical bits, but there isn't enough computer tech installed to run it all. My single jump computer shouldn't handle the entirety of my battleships jump drives. Perhaps we need to attach the decorative computer blocks to the main computer to make sure it works at 100%. I think we will also see more of that on capital ship systems.
    Just don't forget newbies. The option would be nice anyway +1 :)

5: Warp scramblers could be a thing. I think StarMade would do well with interdiction spheres. I'm not for all eve mechanics, but starmade already has a lot of the same concepts in place. I think some could do well in StarMade. Microwarp drives are already a thing with push/pull effects.
    Don't forget Overdrive