Artificial planet gravity

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    Epic PvP?
    The only thing stopping me.. and other people I talked with about this ,from building real..fun,and epic PvP maps in starmade,is the lack of gravity. And Im not talking about the normal gravity blocks that astronauts can use.

We need real ,planet like gravity (old oreo planet gravity) on station builds that can hold down Mechs,racers,tanks,ships,and anything in between.
    If there could be a single block you can place,that we can toggle on/off ,the possibilities would simply explode.

Son..that is op.
    if infact,this is "op" in some way or another,make it an admin only block.

In the past,i had..and i heard some really epic ideas for PvP maps,but each one relied on gravity like that.
    building them on planets would cause too many problems.
    I know that many people,like myself would love to do more PvP like that.
    one single block can do that :p

Last edited:
    Reactions: Cornedo and Criss
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Would be a nice addition, but...
    We need real ,planet like gravity on station builds that can hold down Mechs,racers,tanks,ships,and anything in between.
    ground vehicles don't work anyway due to the lack of friction.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    Would be a nice addition, but...

ground vehicles don't work anyway due to the lack of friction.
    you would be surprised what we could do,even without the friction,we just need a strong gravity to keep them all down.

Reaction score
    It sounds like you are trying to recreate the oreo planets but using stations
    because if you were to use these on ships the possible problems would probably be exponentially larger than getting plex elevators to work on planets

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    It sounds like you are trying to recreate the oreo planets but using stations
    because if you were to use these on ships the possible problems would probably be exponentially larger than getting plex elevators to work on planets
    that is why you would limit this block to stations only,like warp gates.
    I never said for ships anywhere.

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    This would be really cool, especially with those ships with weak thrust for cars. :p Maybe make it have a radius and only have it effect ships/players who are in its faction?

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    While I absolutely despise planet gravity for the lag inducing ship crashes it causes I agree that it'd be a really nice to have an admin command to toggle it on/off or a block (that could be restricted in server configs).

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I think such a system should be available on a ship, but only one direction on at a time. (Can't have a universal down in two different directions, unless you want to create a composite, diagonal gravity direction.)

Also, to save on a BlockID, I recommend that this be an optional function of the existing gravity block.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    I think such a system should be available on a ship, but only one direction on at a time. (Can't have a universal down in two different directions, unless you want to create a composite, diagonal gravity direction.)

Also, to save on a BlockID, I recommend that this be an optional function of the existing gravity block.
    i updated my first post,yeah,only one direction is needed,like on old oreo planets we had.
    but its only 1 ID,so i dont see any problems with that. it would cause too many problems if normal players had access to that.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Perhaps a gravity-in and a gravity-out function?

Would make gravity setups much easier.

Also the current gravity blocks should be able to overwrite the global one (maybe in a given box and if triggered only)