Are there any up to date weapon explanations?

Reaction score
    Everything I've found is outdated by at least a year. I haven't played for a while because Schema fucked around with something in the game and I was on 5fps for a year until last month, so I've missed a huge chunk. I am trying to understand how weapons work now, is there an efficient layout, how do I combine with these other types, why can't I find this any more?

I just want a concise explanation to these mechanics but everything I've found is either terrible at explaining or so old it's talking about the old systems. The wiki is useless: http://www.starmadewiki.com/wiki/Tutorials/Combat

Can someone suggest a page or YouTube channel which isn't awful?

Reaction score
    Excellent, so the menu where I can tweak percentages has gone for good then?

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Excellent, so the menu where I can tweak percentages has gone for good then?
    Yes. It is now adjusted based on the ratios of weapon systems used.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I'm currently working on updating the starmade wiki. I asked DukeofRealms something, and I should have an answer by tomorrow. I promise that all the stats, details and such will be on the wiki for at least the weapons then. Possibly even the effects, and if I'm really feeling up to the job, I'll also add all the stats and details for the support tools. And then one big chunk of things should have been done, and then I just need to focus on the rest of the pages and pictures, lots of pictures need to be added. But I'm feeling confident that I can get it done.

And then, finally, maybe, the important parts of the wiki will be done before the steam release (because that is my goal).

Oh, and about the weapon page: it is indeed very incomplete and informal, too. But it shouldn't be too hard to fix that. Just create some tables and a link to Calbiri's graph and all should be good.

Reaction score
    Thank you for the information I believe I understand the concept of master and slave systems now, what I don't know however is which key I press to link them. You know the blue box.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    Thank you for the information I believe I understand the concept of master and slave systems now, what I don't know however is which key I press to link them. You know the blue box.
    Press V on the slave while having the Master selected with C beforehand (this is true for linking lights and minerals to the master for color change also). Each computer still links modules with V to each of their respective blocks.

Ciggofwar

Home of Titan Guard
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    The old tweaking was more precise really have concur with you :) better application. the new system goes back to the stone ages every one makes the same thing and the world is flat thinking skills.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    The old tweaking was more precise really have concur with you :) better application. the new system goes back to the stone ages every one makes the same thing and the world is flat thinking skills.
    Wrong. Don't generalize without proof. I always though the old system was retarded.

Ciggofwar

Home of Titan Guard
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I like the new weapon systems but there not much there to tweak, as it just putting down blocks having sliders is very cool for your design setups for engaging combat. I miss making big ass rounds with my turrets, big but slower rounds just wicked !!! visuals mate now with color.
    retarded bah! <- generalized I loved watching them fire, different strokes for different folk is all.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    but there not much there to tweak
    Optimizing your weapons has just moved from sliders to block distribution. I find more challenge in trying to cram a bunch of modules into a space and tweak the ratios to my liking among secondary and tertiary effects along with all the other system blocks. If you're working within ships that don't have big fuselages or big engine blocks or thin spaces to minimize your profile, you run out of space really quickly when you try and balance a ship among weapon, secondary/tertiary, shield, thrust, and energy.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    having sliders is very cool for your design setups for engaging combat
    The idea of changing weapon stats mid fight is dumb. Do not want. That's why it's gone now.

Ciggofwar

Home of Titan Guard
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    The idea of changing weapon stats mid fight is dumb. Do not want. That's why it's gone now.
    I don't think it's dumb, as many sci-fi show movies also switched there resources during mid battle, so where's the dumb in that. it's a small percentage, no different than an ion shield.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    I don't think it's dumb, as many sci-fi show movies also switched there resources during mid battle, so where's the dumb in that. it's a small percentage, no different than an ion shield.
    I would prefer it to just stick to shielding. While this is a sandbox game, the ability to change a weapon system so easily seems a little cheap. Directional shielding wouldn't be so bad. Giving power supply to different areas of the ship would also be quite amazing. Currently though we can already change out weapons mid fight by connecting weapon computers in the weapons menu.

Ciggofwar

Home of Titan Guard
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Optimizing your weapons has just moved from sliders to block distribution. I find more challenge in trying to cram a bunch of modules into a space and tweak the ratios to my liking among secondary and tertiary effects along with all the other system blocks. If you're working within ships that don't have big fuselages or big engine blocks or thin spaces to minimize your profile, you run out of space really quickly when you try and balance a ship among weapon, secondary/tertiary, shield, thrust, and energy.
    The point that's missing is the "visual stimulation", most times the visuals are non-existent as it happens very fast, at least for my weapon's.
    I don't find ripping apart a design stimulating for functionality of tweaking, when a simple application in game allows for this tweaking similar to over clocking comes down to rewiring the computer or adjusting a slider in a program, for me "moi" it's more refined, simplistic, I just rather build the ship bigger to fit the systems in play and keep a design or theme or keeping the system organized "neat" clean or sacking structure defense, lessening adding a weak spot as the AI will find it, instantly. I have seen the AI one shot very powerful ships, because of a flaw in design, Bang dead instantly, a one hit wonder. Playing with the AI will teach you how to build as well.