Anyone know how to build a circuit that could do such a thing?

Randomo

Commander
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Hi, I found the JJprise on the community content section a few months back, she is mostly hull with little interior. I am trying to build her up into a proper ship. It is mostly interior work an d so on, but she is missing a few exterior details.

How is this related to logic? I am having trouble on working out the best logic circuit for some lights on the saucer section of the ship. The lights flash twice briefly, then they go off for 2 seconds. You can see them on the saucer section on this video (Note: They start flashing 40 seconds in):

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    your best bet would be a setup like this:
    _________
    | |
    a-d-a-d-d-d-d
    | |
    L L

a=activator
    d=delay
    L=light

haven't tested it but think it should work cant see any reason it wouldn't. another option would be instead of having it in a loop have a clock at one end that is set for 2 second ticks:

c-a-d-a
    | |
    L L

c=clock
    a=activator
    d=delay
    L=light

Randomo

Commander
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Thanks for the reply! I am a bit of a noob with logic, so this may take me a while to understand. I have done the first circuit and it doesn't work. I'll try the second one when I get back from School. Thanks again :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    linking this just in case you don't know how to make a clock. please don't be offended if you do that is not my intention.

Reaction score
    This should work, it can be activated/deactivated with activation module 1. right image shows a compacted version.

Reaction score
    Here ya go. Double flash to pause to flash again.
    Probably would have been quicker for you to build it :P
    Ahhh the joys of outer Hebridean internet...

Randomo

Commander
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Thank you to both of you for your efforts! I will try the logic circuit as soon as possible!
    [DOUBLEPOST=1448218308,1448214852][/DOUBLEPOST]Lol, no Tom. I wouldn't get offended in the slightest. If I am a noob at something, I appreciate as much help as I can get from anyone.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1448219066][/DOUBLEPOST]Circuit does work, thank you Raichor!

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I use a double blinker on all my ships, this is what I use. It's a standard clock and two of the delays are linked to a button which is linked to the lights. It will blink twice and have a 1.5 second cool down. You can increase the time between blinks simply by adding delays in the chain between the last delay and the and to complete the loop.

I can provide an easier to read diagram if need be.

Reactions: Keptick