Anyone else not enjoying the new update? :(

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Like, it is very hard to play.

Ping is through the roof and the servers seem to be very unstable, causing multiple peoples java's to crash at the same time.

Docked entities will sway around the rail, occationally glitching through things.

Turret barrels can be offset from the turret base.

Warp-gate with decide to not work from day to day, making them absolutely unreliable and not worthwhile.

Having to load the spawn sector before loading the sector you last logged off in.

Mainly the server is derping hard, and pings in the thousands seems to be the new norm for everybody.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1438995777,1438995302][/DOUBLEPOST]Hmm, was just told that 2 nullpointers had been found or something. Step one of finding the issue is complete! yay!

Also, apparently some derpfaction had 4 large-ish ships were just sitting on a planet. 1ok+ mass on a planet surface can lag a server alright.

Tunk

Who's idea was this?
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Yet another reason to blow planets up.

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    alright, server still has pings in the hundreds, better than thousands. still waiting for a hotfix of some kind :(

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    Yet another reason to blow planets up.
    Oh don't worry some of us have doomsday weapons for that. Been tinkering with one and just need to get it to where I only need one of it to kill a planet or at least make the people on it panic.

The only issues I'm having are a lot of the bugs that were turret and AI ship related seem to have unfixed themselves. >_> Also I hate the gate one, have to restart to fix it. Works one direction but not the other in some cases but I haven't seen one stop functioning that wasn't manually changed so far.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    This "update" that was recently released was only done so because of pressure on SCHINE from the community to release an update, most likely because of this thread. Well if you ask me, we got what we asked for, so we probably shouldn't shake any fists at the devs any more than we already have. But as for bringing attention to these bugs, i'm all for it.

Some very annoying bugs i've noticed myself lately that havent been fixed yet (still) or are brand-new:
    • Multi-group missile-beam setups still killing power (this was the other half of the beam bug; this half didnt get fixed).
    • The ship power bar is now totally beserk when you do things that consume power. It spazzes out, jumping from 100% to 50% to 20% then to 80% then down to 30% and then back up to 100% and then having a power failure. It's awful. You can't tell anymore how much power your weapons consume. This bug is most likely related to the change schema mentioned for power consumption indicators:
      Balance

The block behavior config received some minor changes:

• Power consumption per second was changed to power consumption per tick, all related values were changed accordingly.
    • When logging into servers, both online and in singleplayer, you often have to relog once or twice and not do anything in the meantime because otherwise you will spawn back at the server spawn, as an invisible astronaut who cant interact with anything.
    • Oftentimes, random chunks of planets and other big entities simply will not load on online play. Tab-f6 while in astronaut mode doesnt fix it, neither does logging back in. When you try to build in these spots, it'll say "area not initialized yet, please build slower" even when you haven't been building at all.
    • Random "game not responding" whiteout crashes while playing online; this often affects all players on a MP server at the same time, causing mass-disconnects and re-joinings.
    Fortunately, we have a talented dev and tester team over at Schine, with people like AndyP and Lancake doing a superb job. Theyre kinda like ghostbusters but with game bugs, lol. If anyone can get these bugs confirmed and ready for elimination by Schema, it's them.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Master_Artificer

jorgekorke

bottom text
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    That's why I'm hiding and mining. Too much issues...

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    I've spent way too much time recently building the first ship I've ever built that contains docked power reactors. Recently I took it out for a spin to do some weapon tests and found that without any passive effects activated, the ship was apparently 'drawing' 7-800,000 power! It's as if the fact that the ship is being fed power and shields from docked reactors forces it's shields into combat regeneration mode. 800.000 power by the way is what I would have expected to be 'gaining' from the docked reactors, not apparently 'loosing'.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Yeah, the whole situation with power supply beams function is really gay imo, It used to be actually useful back when it relied on its own tankage to supply power but due to bugs with dockdd entities using the motherships reserves instead of their own, as well as the really stupid nerfs to power supply beam, such docked reactors have become little more than paperweights now.

jorgekorke

bottom text
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    To be honest, on the other hand, I'm glad that docked reactors are not that viable anymore.
    You see a docked energy generator.
    I see a docked lag generator.

Reactions: Ithirahad
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Power Supply Beams do set your shields to be in Combat Regen mode, so you'll never get more than 10% of the listed regeneration while running PSB. Generally, you need the extra power while in combat anyway, so that downside isn't so bad.

Regarding losing power, you'll want to check how much power your beam will actually need to fire. If it'll empty your capacitors and still demand more, your ship will lose energy as the beams attempt to power it. With the recent rebalance, PSB are less efficient, so this issue can be more pronounced. I have not noticed any bug with docked reactors using the mothership's power first; I just tested one and it used its own tank to supply power to the main vessel without any issue.

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    To be honest, on the other hand, I'm glad that docked reactors are not that viable anymore.
    You see a docked energy generator.
    I see a docked lag generator.
    You see the removal of something laggy, I see the limiting of creativity and penalization of a brilliant player made solution to a problem.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    ...And I see the removal of something laggy that was also a pretty neat player-made solution to a problem. (Which is also technically an exploit.) What we need is better power mechanics, not (admittedly good) player-made solutions that tend to also screw up the game for people. Although for now, I'd like to see docked generators fixed, seeing as I doubt that we'll be getting a new power system any time soon.

jorgekorke

bottom text
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    You see the removal of something laggy, I see the limiting of creativity and penalization of a brilliant player made solution to a problem.
    I favor a smoother and better experience on the game. Even if such things must be sacrificed.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    This. Entirely this.

Not to look down my nose at anyone, but I play mostly on a private server with a fairly large group of friends. We don't get much in the way of lag at all. Look, if you don't want something that generates lag for you then it's up to you and your server to take action to stop it. I don't want the game to stifle me creatively solely for the sake of other peoples performance. If it's not a game stability issue, the onus is on you to resolve it.

jorgekorke

bottom text
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    This. Entirely this.

Not to look down my nose at anyone, but I play mostly on a private server with a fairly large group of friends. We don't get much in the way of lag at all. Look, if you don't want something that generates lag for you then it's up to you and your server to take action to stop it. I don't want the game to stifle me creatively solely for the sake of other peoples performance. If it's not a game stability issue, the onus is on you to resolve it.
    You should play on normal public servers then, then you will understand me.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    You should play on normal public servers then, then you will understand me.
    I tried a few and found the experience to be....well miserable honestly. Like I said though, having some kind of dialogue with the server host to try and establish ground rules would be a must. If someone has an entity that is causing a lot of lag then it's up to the server admins to take action.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I tried a few and found the experience to be....well miserable honestly. Like I said though, having some kind of dialogue with the server host to try and establish ground rules would be a must. If someone has an entity that is causing a lot of lag then it's up to the server admins to take action.
    But if these entities that cause a lot of lag are standard parts of competitive gameplay, that requires the admins to do a LOT of policing they shouldn't have to. Furthermore, it requires them being a pain in the ass to normal players who aren't trying to do anything wrong. Any issue like that (Planet mining, rail entity lag, etc.) should be fixed by the devs, and isn't the admins' responsibility.

jorgekorke

bottom text
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Doing police-work on servers is completely difficult, since the logs don't help a lot. I can tell that by my own experience. It's impractical. Even the top servers do fail on taking action against planet miners because it's hard to keep one staff online at all time.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Doing police-work on servers is completely difficult, since the logs don't help a lot. I can tell that by my own experience. It's impractical. Even the top servers do fail on taking action against planet miners because it's hard to keep one staff online at all time.
    Fair enough I suppose.

There has to be a better solution then just removing elements that lag the game though. Some attempt should be made to streamline it.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Yeah, the whole situation with power supply beams function is really gay imo, It used to be actually useful back when it relied on its own tankage to supply power but due to bugs with dockdd entities using the motherships reserves instead of their own, as well as the really stupid nerfs to power supply beam, such docked reactors have become little more than paperweights now.
    Mine seem to be working fine. Well, apart from the puketastic fps drop that happens when I activate them. You want to make sure that the reactor has enough power capacity and regen to never run out of power, cause that's when it'll draw from the main ship.

However, the powerbar derps you pointed out in your previous post could be part of the issue and be causing imaginary power deficits in the feactors.

Edit: According to some people their efficiency also seems to have been nerfed hard? Didn't see that in the changelog though...

Last edited: