Anyone Able to Bring Back SMEdit?

Reaction score
    I know the old version and it's creator aren't able to resume work on it, or update it at the moment. But would anyone be able to bring it back? I had a friend who tried, but he had to go overseas.

Sachys

Hermit.
    Reaction score
    I know the old version and it's creator aren't able to resume work on it, or update it at the moment. But would anyone be able to bring it back? I had a friend who tried, but he had to go overseas.
    Someone made an alternate program that did the same thing I think - someone will be along shortly with the link no doubt.
    I never could get SMedit to work properly though - it would load up, but nothing worked for me within the program, so really I dont know what I'm missing.

Reaction score
    Someone made an alternate program that did the same thing I think - someone will be along shortly with the link no doubt.
    I never could get SMedit to work properly though - it would load up, but nothing worked for me within the program, so really I dont know what I'm missing.
    I remember that there's some minor options to take old BP's and edit them that way, once you convert them to the last version they can be brought into the game again and converted to modern blueprints.

I did this for a few imported MC projects.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Lockerd As in are you asking for further development of the app or a working version of it:?
    I've been using it quite successfully in the past few weeks, you can import game BP's or use any type of 3D model.
    I'm more than happy to share what I have.

You have to have it in the right directory with all the settings right for it to properly run, it took me quite a few tries to get it to work but once you get it it's easy.
    It doesn't seem to like some versions of SM as well though, always best to use it with a fresh install if your having problems and make sure your javas up to date.
    If you provide more info I'm sure we can get it working for you.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Use SMEDIT with an installation from Jan 1 2014 or earlier.
    Use SMEDIT to import an .obj file, cut it, mirror it for symmetry, and turn it into a SMENT file for use in any version of SM.
    Once in awhile SMEDIT won't load. Go looking for a .josm file in your windows user folders and delete that. SMEDIT seems to remake it every time it loads, but sometimes it gets bugged.