Any plans for FTL's Rebel Flagship?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    Normal.png Yup, it's me again.

So I've been playing a whole lot of FTL: Faster Than Light. I've played countless games, hoping that just ONCE, I'll be able to make it to the Last Stand. Each time, however, I've failed one way or another. Hell, in a particularly unlucky run, I jumped straight into an ambush, and a bunch of Slugs murdered my crew. Sounds normal, right? Just one problem...

Bitter.png It was my first jump. It was literally the very first move of a new game. Ugh, this is why I hate boarders! :davemad: I think I might've pissed off RNGesus, because that was the first time I died in the first sector.

Normal.png But I'm not here to belly-ache on my ship management "skills". I'm here to talk about the final boss of that game, the Rebel Flagship.

This ship is no joke. It's the strongest ship in the game, boasting 62 health points (split across three phases), weapons so strong that they're incompatible with any other ship, and enough drones to make the US Air Force duck its head in shame.

I checked the Community Content tab for a replica of this behemoth, but, oddly enough, no one has actually made one! I find this a bit surprising, considering some of the lesser ships were recreated in SM already. Why the smaller ships and not the final boss of the game?

Puzzled.png So my question is this: Does anyone have any plans to build this monster? If I had enough free time to play StarMade for long periods, I would do it myself, but my college classes are proving relentless this quarter.

Last edited:

Sachys

Hermit.
    Reaction score
    I still remember the first time I beat that beast. Damn that was hard - even more so since the advanced edition update.

As to building it, that would be a fair feat - by character sprites as a size basis, must be some 300m long and wide at least, never mind the three stages of it. Maybe some RP flavoured builder will take it on now you've mentioned it - maybe they already have and its been laid down for a time. I'm interested to know.

Reaction score
    I still remember the first time I beat that beast. Damn that was hard - even more so since the advanced edition update.

As to building it, that would be a fair feat - by character sprites as a size basis, must be some 300m long and wide at least, never mind the three stages of it. Maybe some RP flavoured builder will take it on now you've mentioned it - maybe they already have and its been laid down for a time. I'm interested to know.
    Make it modular, but somehow make it look good with and without each section and when decoupling.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Hmm, I could give this a shot I guess. I've just never really liked the design of the ship. Even putting aside the fact that you never see it side on or from the underneath, it doesn't really have any flair to it. It's purely functional, like the engineers said "Oh, we need more guns here. Add another square piece of hull somewhere." It's just a general geometric shape and that's it.

I should probably mention that I love FTL, and if you're having trouble with the boss, try a Zoltan Cruiser with a Mk. V Burst Laser and 2 Pike Beams ;)
    I also love their other ship designs- I stole the Kestrel's engine design for my first frigate in Starmade. I'd say that's why no one has attempted it before though, even though the 'lesser' ships have been done- it's just kind of... Boring.

Now, if you really wanted to make it impressive, you'd have warheads placed in specific places so a chain reaction would shear of a third of the ship, but still leave it functioning. So, backup power and shield systems, etc.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Purchased!
    Hmm, I could give this a shot I guess. I've just never really liked the design of the ship. Even putting aside the fact that you never see it side on or from the underneath, it doesn't really have any flair to it. It's purely functional, like the engineers said "Oh, we need more guns here. Add another square piece of hull somewhere." It's just a general geometric shape and that's it.

I should probably mention that I love FTL, and if you're having trouble with the boss, try a Zoltan Cruiser with a Mk. V Burst Laser and 2 Pike Beams ;)
    I also love their other ship designs- I stole the Kestrel's engine design for my first frigate in Starmade. I'd say that's why no one has attempted it before though, even though the 'lesser' ships have been done- it's just kind of... Boring.

Now, if you really wanted to make it impressive, you'd have warheads placed in specific places so a chain reaction would shear of a third of the ship, but still leave it functioning. So, backup power and shield systems, etc.
    "No real flair," huh? Well, if the vanilla design doesn't really excite you...

Mischievous.png Perhaps this modded redesign might be more to your speed!

I'll be honest: I don't know the age of this mod. Guessing by the lack of a Hard difficulty, it's probably ancient.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    View attachment 41627 Yup, it's me again.

So I've been playing a whole lot of FTL: Faster Than Light. I've played countless games, hoping that just ONCE, I'll be able to make it to the Last Stand. Each time, however, I've failed one way or another. Hell, in a particularly unlucky run, I jumped straight into an ambush, and a bunch of Slugs murdered my crew. Sounds normal, right? Just one problem...

View attachment 41628 It was my first jump. It was literally the very first move of a new game. Ugh, this is why I hate boarders! :davemad: I think I might've pissed off RNGesus, because that was the first time I died in the first sector.

View attachment 41627 But I'm not here to belly-ache on my ship management "skills". I'm here to talk about the final boss of that game, the Rebel Flagship.

This ship is no joke. It's the strongest ship in the game, boasting 62 health points (split across three phases), weapons so strong that they're incompatible with any other ship, and enough drones to make the US Air Force duck its head in shame.

I checked the Community Content tab for a replica of this behemoth, but, oddly enough, no one has actually made one! I find this a bit surprising, considering some of the lesser ships were recreated in SM already. Why the smaller ships and not the final boss of the game?

View attachment 41629 So my question is this: Does anyone have any plans to build this monster? If I had enough free time to play StarMade for long periods, I would do it myself, but my college classes are proving relentless this quarter.
    This is completely unrelated to the topic... but I just realized that every time you post an avatar pic in your comments, it has a diff expression fitting what your trying to say. For the longest time Ive been wondering why you post your own picture so much in your posts...

On topic: Although I don't think I will be attempting to make such a ship, I may take some inspiration from some of its shapes.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Purchased!
    This is completely unrelated to the topic... but I just realized that every time you post an avatar pic in your comments, it has a diff expression fitting what your trying to say. For the longest time Ive been wondering why you post your own picture so much in your posts...
    Laughing.png I'm glad you've noticed! I have a whole folder full of custom emotes! Truth be told, these emotes are supposed to be a cartoony version of my Minecraft avatar (the main reason it's square). Long story short, I was really bored in my high school Prob & Stat class, and I just doodled this on the back of some notes. I got attached to the design and transferred it into MS Paint, which I then gave various expressions.