Any crazy build ideas for the future?

Reaction score
    After seeing a Japanese Starmade tutorial from Gmodism on Youtube I think I might try one build to MAYBE attract Japanese players to this game (I have yet to see any actual Japanese gameplay of Starmade). Maybe make a space station with a very large docking ring for ships to park at. At the center of this ring would be a giant rotating statue of Miku Hatsune (or maybe some other Japanese pop culture symbol) standing on a gigantic disc as if to welcome all visitors to the station.

This isn't too ambitious, is it? And what other crazy ideas does everyone else have? :)

Reaction score
    Idk. Maybe Japan is different but I can never find a single cultural icon that a ton of people go after. Get one of those really big video peoples to make a video of starmade? That could work.
    [doublepost=1478177651,1478177603][/doublepost]In general, getting YouTube or otherwise celeberties to try a game and make a video on it might be just a good idea altogether. If they like it.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    We'd need lots of spindly, spikey system bits because the Japanese apparently love their spaceships to be spindly and spikey, and Dave would need to be... mutated. Horribly. (Big eyes, spikey hair, voldemort nose, etc.)

Dr. Whammy

Executive Constructologist of the United Star Axis
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Robots...

It's not Japan without giant robots...

Dr. Whammy

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    No, mechs. You got it wrong. You got it wrong.
    Ummm... excuse me?o_O I didn't quite catch that.
    pearl-harbour-giant-robots-demotivational-poster-1273797204.jpg
    [doublepost=1478224891,1478224556][/doublepost]Oh, I understand now. Wait a minute... It's "Mechas" not Mechs. If you're going to tell me it's wrong, don't be more wrong... :D

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Hm. The 2199 anime was much better. And less laggy. But that is something akin to The Prince's Bride. Maybe. Idk.
    Not just the anime, the actual Yamato was and is a cultural icon in Japan.

The Yamato (and her sister ship the Musashi) were the greatest, most powerful battleships Japan ever created. Specifically designed to tip the balance back in their favor against the much more numerous American/Allied battleships, they were a TERROR on the high seas. The Yamato especially was the deciding factor in many a battle (similar to how the USS Enterprise aircraft carrier was the defining ship for us).

The Musashi was sunk first in 1944, leaving the Yamato as the sole symbol of Japanese naval might... until we sank it in 1945. She took 19 separate strikes from airborne anti-ship torpedoes before she finally went down. These torpedoes could take down lesser ships in one shot, and she took 19.

Japan has not been allowed to create overtly military vessels since the end of WWII, so the Yamato was and still is both literally and figuratively the single greatest warship in Japanese history, a symbol of national pride.

Reaction score
    As for this post, what crazy ideas do YOU people have? Doesn't have to be anything related to any culture, just stuff you'd like to build one day if not already.

And I wonder how this would work? The Miku statue would be a gigantic turret, with the head housing cannons in its eyes, the arm with beam weaponry, and missile launchers within the upper chest? :)

Reaction score
    I've also gotta ask... has anyone in Starmade attempted to build a solid Dyson Sphere?

Dr. Whammy

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    As fun as it sounds, I don't think there's a way to hold a structure like that together since the sectors around a star orbit it. The segments would drift apart even if part of a station.

I did make an orbital "space ring" once. My next one will have automatic gravity on all segments.

Crashmaster

I got N64 problems but a bitch ain't one
    Reaction score
    I've also gotta ask... has anyone in Starmade attempted to build a solid Dyson Sphere?
    Kinda, but planet-sized around a R50 planet's core., each new constructed plate is on the opposite side of the core from the last remaining block of it's natural plate giving an internal surface with outwards-acting natural gravity. Wasn't great though.

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    After seeing the faction update video I fully intend to flesh out my mech fleet to have one ship for each role, this will culminate in an Empirion battlecruiser with full mech transformation ability.

Reactions: nightrune

Dr. Whammy

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    After seeing the faction update video I fully intend to flesh out my mech fleet to have one ship for each role, this will culminate in an Empirion battlecruiser with full mech transformation ability.
    Armed with a K.R.A.K.E.N MKIV rapid fire AI Squid launcher!

Reactions: Dire Venom
    Reaction score
    What's next? A fighter armed with swords that spit out guns (if that were possible)?!?