Any advice on how to display starmade on 2nd monitor of a multimonitor setup?

Reaction score
    As the title states:

How do I play on my second monitor? There is no option for it in game.

Full screen of course ;)

Reaction score
    I think you need to specify your operating system first to get an answer for that.

I have Starmade on my second screen and mirrored on my TV, but I'm using Ubuntu with Xfce. I couldn't help you with MS Windows.

Reaction score
    My bad. Yes, Windows (10) in my case.

Not mirrored, but extended.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Are you trying to extend your fullscreen game to cover two monitors, or trying to get your fullscreen game to show up on your #2 monitor instead of your primary monitor?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I have a dual monitor setup, needed clarification. I will test and see.

Edit: Killom I see your problem. Windows 10 lists my left monitor as #2 and my right as #1, however, my radeon settings lists my #1 monitor as the left and my #2 as the right. I believe my radeon settings determines which is my primary monitor for fullscreen things, and I can't seem to be able to send it to my other monitor without making my other monitor my primary. If you're not averse to changing which of your monitors is your main screen, you can do it that way.

I tried starting my game in windowed(which is how I use Starmade) and dragging it over, using alt+enter to switch to fullscreen, but Starmade does not recognize the shortcut key.

A third option is a program called Display Fusion or something similar. It has a function for sending an application from one monitor to the other whether it's fullscreen or windowed. I'm not currently running that, but I do know it has that function.

Edit2: I have checked, you need the paid version of that particular program to use that function, here is link if interested: DisplayFusion

Alternatives: DisplayFusion Alternatives and Similar Software - AlternativeTo.net

Last edited:
    Reactions: Killom
    Reaction score
    Thx. for your response!

So basically there is no way in doing this without 3rd party programs or messing around with your monitor setup. Well, thats bad :(

Devs should address to this issue

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    As I said above, you can, but you have to change which monitor is your primary display monitor through your GFX card settings. That determines which monitor is used for fullscreen programs and such. Sadly third party is the only way other than that that i could find.

Reactions: Killom