Antimatter Cannons hitting ships own turrets

Reaction score
    First of all, not sure if this works as intended but it is annoying cause it limits your creativity!
    I got turrets on the middle of my ship, but when I try to shoot with the cannons I keep hitting my own turrets and destroys them.

When you can shoot through the rest of your ship, why not the turrets aswell..?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    This happens because they are separate ships, not part of your own.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    how\'s that a bug? imagine ur on a real ship and you aim your cannon at the bridge or something. why wouldn\'t it get hit when you fire?

in my opinion it just adds to game\'s realism. in fact i wish the ship sould be damaged as well in situations like this :D

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    This is because you put your turrets in front of the Anti-Matter cannon\'s output, so they will shoot at it untill you move the turret away.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Whilst I understand why this is in the game and shouldnt be removed, I didnt expect this to be the case when I put my shuttle bay infront of the cannons.

Reaction score
    Well, it is realistic. But is it realistic when you can shoot through your own ship with antimatter cannons or rockets?

Its the same thing.

In that case our dev might aswell make the whole ship possible to get hit from the antimatter cannons and we will be all limited of creativity.

My turrets arent directly in the way of the antimattercannons, they are in the middle of the ship which means that when my AMCs finds a target they hit the turrets aswell as the target in special angles.

Reaction score
    I feel as though this is not a \"bug\" per se. A rule is only a limit to your creativity if that is how you view it. If you think about it, we all build ships using rules that are already in place, but without being completely aware of them. We can only place blocks at right angles to each other. You need to use glass if you want to see through a block. A bigger ship needs more thrust to move fast. These don\'t necesarily limit our creativity, but they do direct our building styles.

Personally, I have all my weapon systems routed to the point that they fire from. This helps keep my design cohesive and aesthetically pleasing in action, as well as statically. You don\'t need the bulk of your weapon array right there, only a single line to a point of firing, thus allowing you to have very flexible options for weapon placement, and ship design.

Reaction score
    Most IRL ships use turrets as their main armament, why does everyone feel the need to install front facing cannons.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    As much as controversional it may be, I actually wouldn\'t mind removing ability to shoot through one\'s hull altogether. Creativity is important, but too many times I saw it used as an excuse for completely ridiculous designs exploiting game\'s mechanics (big armored cubes with cannon batteries in the center of the ship, anyone?)

lupoCani

First Citizen
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Because space fighters need fixed forward facing weaponry, and in starmade, all ships are essentially just fighers. Large ones with smaller fighers docked to them, and turrets on the hull, sure. But considering how they are and need to be piloted, they\'re fighters none the less.

Reaction score
    A lot of people assume that this only happens when you place the turret in front of your cannons, but it also happens when the cannons are in front of the turret, and the cockpit is behind the turret with the crosshairs on the turret. This causes the cannons to shoot 180 degrees backwards to hit the turret, even though they are in front of the turret.

As far as blocking lasers from shooting through ships, AMC cannons should shoot through 1 block thick so that we can still have Ice Crystals giving the cannons a cool looking glow.

Reaction score
    My ship has this problem when I turn too hard while shooting. I left it because it\'s funny.

Some times after a battle my forward turrets are half missing. Makes it look cool like I actually took damage when I didn\'t. I don\'t really care because I have six more that the ship can\'t shoot, and room to hang on even more if I ever want to.

I just cannibalize the blocks from the ship graveyard I\'ve just created and repair the turrets with that.

Also my turrets are blueprinted and come with thrusters so if I get lazy I can just buy new ones and chuck them on.

And it\'s good to have forward cannons because you have a weapon array that can be more powerful without adding a bunch of turret expansion modules, and will be protected by your main shields so that if you can keep your ship intact, you always have a weapon, even if turrets get blown off. Also it\'s easier to have a main gun that has a range of most/all of the sector than a turret that does the same.