Another small bug concerning chambers and ship mass

Reaction score
    I found a new bug while constructing ships and trying to balance mass and thrust/energy cost of stuff.
    It seems that inactive chamber have MUCH less mass than active ones. I had my thrust mass ratio at 2.5 on one of my builds, but after i activated the chambers i wanted to use, the mass went up a lot and i had to add lots of additional thruster to get to 2.5 TMR again.

Reaction score
    thats not really a bug. since chanbers change mass depending on what they do or wich level they have.

you just have to balance these things while the ship is not docked to something and everything is active

Reaction score
    well, i figured out how to work around it, still its annoying and it doesnt make much sense tbh. A block (FTL chamber for example) should have a certain mass and not change it imo. It gets even more weird if you switch you chamber and use different types/amounts. For example one of my ships has an FTL mode for far distance travel and a combat mode. The ship changes its mass everytime i switch the chambers :/ thats also pretty immersion breaking.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    Sounds stupid to me to have them change mass depending on what level and function they do have !

Will check for a report ... or i try to get an answer about it from Lancake or Andy

Reactions: PriZm
    Reaction score
    yea the different mass for some chamber levels is in the blockconfig i think. so if its not intended to be like that its an easy fix ^^