Another Problem with loading and not getting past 50% (Mac)

Reaction score
    Hello Everyone. This is my first time posting so I would like to start off by saying hi. I love this game SO much but I cannot get the latest stable build to play on my computer. I have attached some screen shots to help. Is there anything you can do to help me load this game it just stops at 50%.

Screen Shot 2018-07-03 at 16.57.14.png
    Screen Shot 2018-07-03 at 17.10.10.png Screen Shot 2018-07-03 at 17.00.14.png Screen Shot 2018-07-03 at 17.01.30.png Screen Shot 2018-07-03 at 17.02.47.png Screen Shot 2018-07-03 at 17.02.57.png

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    Go to starmade/logs/
    upload the most recent version of these 3 files to this thread(the actual .log fileplease, much easier to look through than a screenshot)
    logstarmade.#.log
    serverlog.#.log
    threaddump#.log
    I'll see if I can help, that info will prob help others too.

Related but unrelated: Mac is painful to see outside of a music player or video editing box. :P

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Likeable
    Looks like you are allocating your entire system memory to the game? If so try reducing the games available memory to leave some for your OS. See how much RAM your OS uses when your system is idle and factor that in when adjusting available memory for the game. Not saying that is the issue but it'd be my first stop in troubleshooting. And if that first screenshot is a total of 4G's RAM for your entire system then I'd be on ebay looking for another 4G minimum... that is if your machine is upgradable, sorry I'm not really familiar with Mac.

Reaction score
    Hello, Thank you for your fast responses. I have actually tried with it at 2gb ram made no difference then I upped it to 4gb my max for the system and it changed nothing, so basically seemed like it had none or very little affect. Yes, it is harder for Mac users, I just prefer it to Windows and I don't get on with Ubuntu. As far as Ram goes 4gb is my MAX, I would need to buy another computer which I do intend on but I'm trying to squeeze a little more life out of my current model.

As to uploading a log I cannot find where they are stored on my Mac. But I installed it like anyone else (who uses macs) so someone should be able to direct me to the correct directory (a little tongue twister). I have looked on my mac and I don't think I have any logs (I also searched through hidden folders).

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Likeable
    should be starmade/logs/
    the ones with 0 in the name are the most recent ones.

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    Hello, Thank you for your fast responses. I have actually tried with it at 2gb ram made no difference then I upped it to 4gb my max for the system and it changed nothing, so basically seemed like it had none or very little affect. Yes, it is harder for Mac users, I just prefer it to Windows and I don't get on with Ubuntu. As far as Ram goes 4gb is my MAX, I would need to buy another computer which I do intend on but I'm trying to squeeze a little more life out of my current model.

As to uploading a log I cannot find where they are stored on my Mac. But I installed it like anyone else (who uses macs) so someone should be able to direct me to the correct directory (a little tongue twister). I have looked on my mac and I don't think I have any logs (I also searched through hidden folders).
    By default starmade installs to [launcher directory]/starmade, and the logs will be in [launcher directory]/starmade/logs.
    if that's no easey enough for you...googling on "how to find files" might be an important step in using a computer.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I have a similar problem, where it stops at 49%, but it works fine when using the old launcher. If you're playing on Steam, you can access the old launcher by selecting the 'Play with old launcher (java)' option when you launch the game.

Reaction score
    Hello, have been playing SM on my Mac P-Book and off for several years now. Always look forward to the updates, especially this one, but Mac users have always had to wince when the updates come out. I have usually had to jump through a lot of hoops to get it to work after an update. I was super excited as the update was going smoothly...until it stopped loading...at 94%. Retried it and it got until the Universe was loading and just stopped. Have tried several things already, but it seems there def is a Mac issue here.
    Including a Screen Shot so the initial poster can find the correct logs.

I had to zip up my logs to get them to attach to this post

Screen Shot 2018-07-10 at 8.00.32 AM.png

Attachments