1. We've removed some functionality from SMD in preparation for a migration to new forum software. We expect to make the move before the end of August.

Another logic help request: Door open-delay-close

Discussion in 'Logic' started by cyberus111, May 22, 2015.

1. cyberus111

I'm having trouble grasping the logic block system, I'm hoping someone can help me with doing a door logic system that opens a force door, waits 10 secs then closes the force door (For a hanger)
      I think once I see a few of these I can work with it but as of right now I seem to be missing something thats preventing what I'm doing from working as I intend.

2. Malacodor

Button -> Flip-Flop -> 20 Delays -> back to the Flip-Flop
      Also link the Flip-Flop to a NOT gate and the NOT gate to your door.

• Useful Useful x 1
    3. cyberus111

I guess I should try and find some better tutorials because while this looks simple and should work I don't get how to do the connections to make it work and what state (blue/orange) all the blocks should be starting in.

4. Malacodor

Orange = off (default), blue = on
      Since NOT gates currently start in off state the circuit I suggested won't work properly for the first time, just try again.
      Hit 'C' while looking at the button block, it should get an orange frame. Then look at the flip-flop block and hit 'V', it should get a purple frame. Then 'C' on the flip-flop and 'V' on the first delay, 'C' on the first delay and 'V' on the second delay and so on.

5. cyberus111

Thanx for all the help, I had to also link the last delay block to both the flip flop AND the button to return the button to orange to reset the system to make it work properly more than once but its all good now. :p

6. Malacodor

Buttons actually reset themselves, are you sure you didn't use an activator instead?