Read by Council Animated Blocks - Toggle Via Logic

Benevolent27

Join the Dark Side
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    So this idea is simple. It's to allow decorative blocks which are animated to have their animations turned on or off via logic. I think this would be a cool way to animate many types of logic circuits, besides blinking lights, to make it look like it's doing something.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Tester
    • Legacy Citizen
    I think this could work out if there were an "off" animation frame so the devs wouldn't have to try programming it to show the same block but all of them at a different step in its 4 frame animation. Or when its activated it locks to the first frame of animation and when deactivated it carries on with the others at the same frame.

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score
    Excellent idea! I get dizzy sometimes working around Jump-modules and reactors on a long build. Plus this adds immersion to RP and 'cool-factor' to builds.

Benevolent27

Join the Dark Side
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I think this could work out if there were an "off" animation frame so the devs wouldn't have to try programming it to show the same block but all of them at a different step in its 4 frame animation. Or when its activated it locks to the first frame of animation and when deactivated it carries on with the others at the same frame.
    Yeah, I imagine this would be the way it's implemented, because it'd be easier on the server.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1460846253,1460846166][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Excellent idea! I get dizzy sometimes working around Jump-modules and reactors on a long build. Plus this adds immersion to RP and 'cool-factor' to builds.
    I wasn't really considering modules of these kinds, I was just thinking of the purely decorative blocks, but now that you mention it, that would be pretty cool too. I can imagine thruster animations turning on and off, jump drives, power reactors.. Plus it'd be a way to perhaps reduce lag on large ships with lots of animations.