And the point of scanners is...

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Ok, I have just updated my exploration ship with a larger scanner array. A mix of crafted and shop bought parts I added the 350 or so antenna blocks it said it needed.

With some excitement I did my first scan with the new array and clicked to see the results. I had no more information than the previous scan. I was two sectors away from two undiscovered stations and these remained undiscovered. I just don't get it.

Is this still "work in progress"? I have spotted suggestions for possible features and the "cloaked entities" bug but little else.

I even tried a number of variations in antenna layout and tried over and over again. New neutral systems, other factions systems. Nothing.

So, can someone please explain what their current purpose is or suggest the optimum configuration of the antenna blocks because I can't for the life of me see what use they are in the current version.

Thanks!

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Right now the scanner is useful to find hostiles in your system and to de-jam/cloak enemy ships.
    No idea if it can do more than that right now.

SzQ

Reaction score
    It have use only in multiplayer. Show position of other players and do what Nauvran wrote.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Thanks! Hopefully future updates will expand on the system and with the fleet system make scanner probes possible.

For example, with the mining fleet update, you could send a probe to a sector and get scan data back. You could then send your mining fleet to mine these areas.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    there is a bug with this though as of right now that i am aware of, the scanner when you use it decloacks and dejamms your own ship

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Tester
    • Legacy Citizen
    I'm not sure that's a bug, but intended function, like a submarine giving away its position with a sonar ping.