AI turrets and power regen broken

Reaction score
    Ok so I have a rather large sentry turret that covers some sectors near my base. When the main weapon fires it is a massive drain on the power system (this is normal) but what I've noticed is that when the turret is under AI control the turret is not able to recharge at all but when I jump back into it I have full power in less then 3 sec. I don't know if something changed in the AI but I don't think its power regen is working properly. Anyone else noticing this?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    When AI fires, it never takes it's 'finger' off the fire button - meaning when it runs out of power, it cannot regen again. I suggest either beating the turrets power use with regen, either on the turret, or on the entity it's docked to.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Yes the AI doesn't know how to take the finger off the trigger and when yet. Either put enough regen to counter this or cut down the turret's weapon size. Running into this same issue building a few ships meant to be AI controlled and we really need ways to tell the AI when and when not to do something. :confused: