AFC Gaming: Alpha

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Hello and welcome to AFC Gaming's first StarMade server: Alpha. The configuration of the server is mostly vanilla with some changes to: default pirates, max speed, and whitelist.
    The changes to the pirates consist of adding Mariux's and Jamster0000's Pirate Pack.
    The changes to the max speed consist of ramping it from 50 to 250 because speed is key.
    The max player count on the server is 30.
    We have added a whitelist so I can manage the players we have on the server so we get less issues with certain radical players.
    The planet sized has been tweaked a bit too. Ranging from 50 to 450.
    The max build sized is 25.
    The server Location is in the East Coast of the United States of America.

I will be looking for Admins. Most Likely around 5 of them. Ill start off with maybe 1 or 2 right now though. On that note Direct message me if you are looking to become an Admin. Ill evaluate you by sending you through a survey and by talking to you. Then we will go through the code of conduct for admins and we will see where it goes from there. Any Questions/Suggestions should be added here. Also If you need to get whitelisted Direct message me and Ill add you.

Rules:
    1. Admins are Admins for a reason. Listen to them. If they are seeming to abuse there powers. Report them to me and ill see what I can do.
    2. No Spawn Camping of any kind. The home System is not for fighting. Its for starting out.
    3. No Whining/Raging. Show Sportsmanship in your actions. You get murdered in a fight. Don't call him/her a hacker/cheater/noob or curse.
    4. Doomcubes are allowed but looked down upon.
    5. You should not destroy/damage/move the property of a player that is not online. If you are going to fight someone. Do it like a Man/Women not a boy/girl.
    6. Cursing is fine as long as it is doesn't get out of hand
    7. Do not intentionally abuse bugs
    8. Do not intentionally create lag
    9. Don't Troll/be-a-butt-head
    10. Questions regarding the servers configuration/well-being should come to me through a direct message or in chat on the server.
    I should have the server up and running by sometime today.

The server is now up at: 198.254.83.95:4242

Admins: Jake_Lancia AKA (Jamster0000)

Last edited:

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Nice. Hopefully I'll be able to make some fighters later today. Currently my plan is to make 4 different 100 mass desings with 5 variants each so that the chance of a heavier ship (ships currently in my pack) spawning would be around 1/5. Maybe even a "boss" pirate frigate sometime much later.

And I'll probably apply for an admin, even though I haven't been one before.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Nice. Hopefully I'll be able to make some fighters later today. Currently my plan is to make 4 different 100 mass desings with 5 variants each so that the chance of a heavier ship (ships currently in my pack) spawning would be around 1/5. Maybe even a "boss" pirate frigate sometime much later.

And I'll probably apply for an admin, even though I haven't been one before.
    That's good to hear. Ill be looking forward to your ships and your admin interview. Just messagee when you want to take the interview and we will see what we can do.

Jake_Lancia

Official Source of Blame
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    I'll probably bring my faction onto this server, Elwyn tires me out too much with its faction 'politics' tbh. Hopefully this one will be quieter and allow us to build in (relative) peace.

My offer of additional ship blueprints still stands btw, if you still need more vessels.

Also, if you need an admin for GMT/BST timezone, I might consider applying for the position.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I'll probably bring my faction onto this server, Elwyn tires me out too much with its faction 'politics' tbh. Hopefully this one will be quieter and allow us to build in (relative) peace.

My offer of additional ship blueprints still stands btw, if you still need more vessels.

Also, if you need an admin for GMT/BST timezone, I might consider applying for the position.
    Currently we have no applications for any admins so it would be appreciated. Also is it evening in gmt? Because its 6:00 in the morning Here lol.
    I believe I will use your hammer head As I am mostly looking for fighters.

Jake_Lancia

Official Source of Blame
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Currently we have no applications for any admins so it would be appreciated. Also is it evening in gmt? Because its 6:00 in the morning Here lol.
    I believe I will use your hammer head As I am mostly looking for fighters.
    er it's 11:24 at time of posting for me, so i'm actually not that far ahead. I thought there was going to be a massive difference tbh xD
    Oh and I have a recoloured and refit Pirate variant of the Hammerhead if you'd like me to send a Dropbox link later. Just bear in mind that the Hammerheads are about 500 or so mass so they might be too big...

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    er it's 11:24 at time of posting for me, so i'm actually not that far ahead. I thought there was going to be a massive difference tbh xD
    Oh and I have a recoloured and refit Pirate variant of the Hammerhead if you'd like me to send a Dropbox link later. Just bear in mind that the Hammerheads are about 500 or so mass so they might be too big...
    I think it'll be fine. Mariux is gonna make a lot of small ships to make the large ships more rare. Also, yes, I would like the recolored pirate variant.

Jake_Lancia

Official Source of Blame
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I think it'll be fine. Mariux is gonna make a lot of small ships to make the large ships more rare. Also, yes, I would like the recolored pirate variant.
    Alright then, Dropbox link it is... I'll send it over after college, along with the rest of my private pirate vessels if you'd like to take a look at those too.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    The server is officially up. Direct message me for

So this is the first set of "Vortex" fighters. As you can see, they come in 5 variants and all have different weapon systems according to their color.
    They look nice. Are they in your content or will you send me a direct link?

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    The server is officially up. Direct message me for

They look nice. Are they in your content or will you send me a direct link?
    The pack was for a contest, so I can't really change it. I'll send all the ships to you in one package once they're finished.

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I see the server is now up. I'll go and check it out tommorow since now I have some free time after finishing NFS Carbon.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I see the server is now up. I'll go and check it out tommorow since now I have some free time after finishing NFS Carbon.
    Alright cool. I believe I will have to do some hardware upgrades soon.

Jake_Lancia

Official Source of Blame
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    For prospective new players, I want to give an idea of what you'll be up against in terms of pirate vessels (well, my own ones anyway.) So I'll give a quick walkthrough of each of the ships Jay_do has added by me.

From left to right:

• Zipper Light fighter - More of an annoyance than anything, its single light beam weapon is incapable of damaging any but the noobiest of ships, but can be deadly when it unleashes its missiles. One of the most common pirate vessels on the server.
    • Hawk Light Fighter - Basically a cut-down and smoothed Isanth-VI, without the wings and with much-improved and changed weapons and systems. Its twin rapid beams can cause considerable damage.
    • Hammerhead Medium Fighter - The recolored variant of my surprisingly damaging fighter, she carries twin rapid cannon weapons that can deal decent damage to other fighters if they hit.
    • Hyperion Mk.II Corvette - A deadly vessel to fighters and to other corvettes, she carries twin heavier rapid beam systems and twin lock-on explosive missiles to finish their targets off. Recommend to carry point-defense when engaging this vessel.
    • Pallas Battle Corvette - An even more damaging vessel carrying ion cannons and lock-on missiles to deal extreme damage to other corvettes.
    • Light Quantum Frigate - Trident's famed vessel has returned as pirate vessels that can easily deal with corvettes and some other frigates. Its rapid beams and heavy lock-ons are highly dangerous.
    • Battle Frigate - I consider this ship the pirate 'boss'. It is an intimidating vessel with four turrets but not as much in the way of built-in firepower. However it is a hardy vessel, able to survive missiles that would cripple any other pirate vessel.
    All of these vessels share an orange/red color scheme making them easy to spot and distinguish from Mariux 's vessels.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Jay_do