Aether 3D model from blurb357's design

Reaction score
    I did not create the original design of the ship in the game. I did, however, spend a lot of time creating the model within Blender software. Render#1.jpg Render#2.jpg

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    Looks really nice. Like I'm looking at an ingame model.

How is Blender anyway? I'm interested, but I want to know how it compares to Maya.

Reaction score
    Looks really nice. Like I'm looking at an ingame model.

How is Blender anyway? I'm interested, but I want to know how it compares to Maya.
    Personally, I think that it is better than Maya for a few reasons.
    A: Its community is large and diverse. This leads to collaboration between individuals that isn't present with software communities like Maya.
    B: Its free. This is a big deal since I don't have the money to spend on expensive corporate software.
    C: It has the same capabilities, more or less, as Maya. Have a look at the detail within community renders using Blender. It has a steep learning curve but it is amazing.

It's a great option for people getting into the industry and even small feats are very rewarding. You have to start small before you can go big. The Aether model took probably twelve hours to complete. This is without the texturing which is a whole new level of detailed.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Your model is very nice I'll try to inspire from your cockpit in game it's nicely done

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Question > why did you go through all the trouble to make this?

Follow Up Question > Do you take requests?

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Cool model, i'd love to see ship blueprints able to be exported as .obj files.

It's a great option for people getting into the industry and even small feats are very rewarding. You have to start small before you can go big.
    While i agree it's a pretty cool program, i'd suggest if you are looking to get into the industry as a 3D artist to learn 3DS max or Maya straight up first. They're industry standards, it's what is requested in job postings and you'll slot into most pipelines a lot easier.

If it's a hobby or additional program to learn, then i'd completely agree with your 3 points.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Question > why did you go through all the trouble to make this?

Follow Up Question > Do you take requests?
    1. I like to model things. It's fun and I find a sense of peace (if that makes any sense) in the repetition.

2. Yes, but I limit myself to things that aren't super complicated. I'll model something but the texturing (plus many other steps) are not my cup of tea.

Reaction score
    Cool model, I'd love to see ship blueprints able to be exported as .obj files.

While i agree it's a pretty cool program, I'd suggest if you are looking to get into the industry as a 3D artist to learn 3DS max or Maya straight up first. They're industry standards, it's what is requested in job postings and you'll slot into most pipelines a lot easier.

If it's a hobby or additional program to learn, then I'd completely agree with your 3 points.
    True, if you want to become a professional, then Maya or 3DS Max are better. I'd also like to second the suggestion that StarMade models can be exported as .obj. Modeling takes a long time, not to mention how the complexity of the ship weighs in. Also, if ship skin textures could also be exported because texturing is a real hassle.