Advanced system blocks

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    I would like to suggest/request the creation of extra system blocks that would simulate the concept of advanced technology.

The idea is that blocks pertaining to weapons, shields, power, armor, and engines would have counterparts that require more resources to make but produce greater output.

With such blocks smaller ships could have greater abilities. For example: a scale recreation of a Machine Caliber wouldn't suck against pirates (such craft are somewhat small in comparison to most vessels).

Perhaps such blocks would go by tiers. The 1st tier would increase by a factor of 10, 2nd by 100, etc...

What do you think?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Well I didn't mean it to be spammed. I was just trying to place the topic in a more appropriate forum. I figured that the original thread would be locked or something.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Yeah, forum search is your friend.

Also, the idea itself has been constantly shot down because it would be OP as hell.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Also, the idea itself has been constantly shot down because it would be OP as hell.
    If it were a mod independent of the main game it wouldn't really be an issue. It's use would be up to the one running the server. A small OP ship could be a lot of fun in a private setting. I can't imagine the harm it would cause in a game used for single player purposes.