Bug Advanced build mode wont show orientation of blocks

Reaction score
    This happens to everything but the decorative console
    Here are my settings:
    Screen Shot 2018-01-17 at 1.40.39 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-01-17 at 1.41.32 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-01-17 at 1.41.48 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-01-17 at 1.42.11 PM.png I couldn't get an image of what's actually going on also, I'm using a mac

Reaction score
    This thing is an old bug, the game is supposed to render the preview bit on a black background with the block on it, but it usually ends up rendering just the black bit and you only see a few random colored pixels of the block on it. It's been like that for ages, on and off depending on the build of the game.

The best workaround for this is to reset the brush size sliders to one, then rotate the block to the desired orientation and then set the brush size sliders again to desired size. As far as I know the block preview thing on the actual build cursor has always worked right.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    Screenshot_2.jpg Screenshot_3.jpg

You are not talking about this effect .. right ?

Because that should be fine (2nd Picture) with your setting of :
    Screenshot_4.jpg

Reaction score
    • Tester
    drag and drop the settings.cfg (in the starmade install folder) and and a logstarmade.0.log (in the logs folder of the install) file from a short game session in here (start the game, enter build mode , select and or place a few blocks and exit the game again).