Recognized Advanced Build Mode Ruler

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    I was thinking it would be useful to have a way of measuring other than using your ABM sliders. It could be a button or hotkey to lock on to the block under your mouse and have a read out in the ABM that tells you the distance from the block you locked on to. Just a thought, though there may already be a better way that I am not aware of.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I very much support this. Until it gets implemented you can use storage blocks to find out the in-ship coords for a block.

Just place one down and look at the top of the storage menu "Storage at # # #" you can place more than one of them and find out distance from there. (Keep in mind that 0 0 0 might not be the core, I think the core is placed at 8 8 8, but its been awhile since I have looked)

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I find myself wanting this pretty often when surveying things I've found (either appearing naturally or spawned in). Maybe a gun that'll give center-to-center distance and box between two blocks? It's one of the things I desperately want.

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    It would be great if it created a line of block outlines along the ruler path as well. Specifically like the build helpers.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    I very much support this. Until it gets implemented you can use storage blocks to find out the in-ship coords for a block.

Just place one down and look at the top of the storage menu "Storage at # # #" you can place more than one of them and find out distance from there. (Keep in mind that 0 0 0 might not be the core, I think the core is placed at 8 8 8, but its been awhile since I have looked)
    actually you can just hold down right shift. this will give you the block coordinates of the block your build mode cursor is on