Advanced Build Menu clicks still register as block-placement clicks

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Master Builder Bronze
    When navigating through the advanced build menu and clicking to change brush sizes, i've found that i have to keep the build menu off of my ship so that clicking doesn't place a full brush block onto the ship each time. it's slowing down the build proccess, and it seems that this has been somewhat of a continuous issue in different windows of the advanced build menu.

i am running my game at a resolution of 1366x768. GUI scaling could be the culprit, but i don't know for sure.

Reaction score
    This thing has been in the game for ages, as well as build mode clicks, any mouse clicks register as commands in the game, instead of just registering as functions in menus and windows. I remember OmegaGame shooting and killing me more than once with his ship guns while he was trying to close a chat window with his hotbar dialed into a weapon slot.

It would be a good thing if mouse clicks in menu systems (such as ABM overlays and chat menu) wouldn't register as mouse clicks in the actual game environment.

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    When navigating through the advanced build menu and clicking to change brush sizes, i've found that i have to keep the build menu off of my ship so that clicking doesn't place a full brush block onto the ship each time. it's slowing down the build proccess, and it seems that this has been somewhat of a continuous issue in different windows of the advanced build menu.

i am running my game at a resolution of 1366x768. GUI scaling could be the culprit, but i don't know for sure.
    Can't reproduce, even with a resolution that small. The advanced build mode area on the right is definitely off limits for clicks like this, as any build or remove action gets ignored if the mouse cursor was within that area.

It would be a good thing if mouse clicks in menu systems (such as ABM overlays and chat menu) wouldn't register as mouse clicks in the actual game environment.
    Our ABM overlay does do that, what refirendum is experiencing is odd and shouldn't happen at all. Can you reproduce this issue too?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Master Builder Bronze
    additional details: FX8320 CPU, R9 290X GPU, gigabyte 990fx motherboard. i've had it place several large brushblocks while adjusting and building interior on my kilonaught project.

this is in single player, and there are several rail rotators continuously rotating on the ship.

could it be the local server? or CPU inadequacies?

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    This should not be hardware related, length of ship might do something but I can't reproduce that either (on a 1.6KM long ship).
    Rotators shouldn't matter at all either.

Maybe it's some specific setting causing the area to go offset. Maybe upload your settings.cfg here so I can try that out and reproduce.

Speaking about reproducing, does anywhere in the ABM panel trigger a build action? I checked it a bit more closely noticed a zone where it didn't work properly for me.

upload_2017-8-13_21-3-15.png

The red box is the place where clicks still register as build actions, this seems to correspond with the scrollbar width offset.
    Are you seeing the exact same thing as me, or is that zone completely different. If it is, can you post a picture indicating that zone for you?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Master Builder Bronze
    This should not be hardware related, length of ship might do something but I can't reproduce that either (on a 1.6KM long ship).

Maybe it's some specific setting causing the area to go offset. Maybe upload your settings.cfg here so I can try that out and reproduce.

Speaking about reproducing, does anywhere in the ABM panel trigger a build action? I checked it a bit more closely noticed a zone where it didn't work properly for me.

View attachment 43949

The red box is the place where clicks still register as build actions, this seems to correspond with the scrollbar width offset.
    Are you seeing the exact same thing as me, or is that zone completely different. If it is, can you post a picture indicating that zone for you?
    yes that's the case. it isn't everywhere, just in that side. However, since i use that side so much i keep running into the issue.

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    I'll make a bug report for it, shouldn't be hard to fix.
    Never noticed it myself as I barely use the arrow keys and rely on my mousewheel to change values.

Reaction score
    • Railman
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2

View attachment 43949

The only time I've noticed this is when I click in that red zone.