/admin_sight - Allow admins to see cloaked and radarjammed ships

Benevolent27

Join the Dark Side
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    This suggestion is pretty simple. It's to add a "/admin_sight [PlayerName]" admin command. This would allow admins or players to see cloaked ships (perhaps have 50% translucence on the blocks) and jammed ships on their nav menu. It would work the same way /god_mode and /invisibility_mode does, where it is NOT permanent and is lost when the player logs off and logs back on.

This is to allow for admins and streamers to cover events. Also so that players cannot hide from admins. Right now when hosting events, it's kind of annoying that I, as an admin, cannot provide updates to the other players on how the event is going because the players are radarjamming, and so I cannot select their ships to see how each individual player is doing. It's also annoying when I go to visit a player as an admin and cannot see them unless I break their radarjam or cloak.

Reactions: Daeridanii

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    This suggestion is pretty simple. It's to add a "/admin_sight [PlayerName]" admin command. This would allow admins or players to see cloaked ships (perhaps have 50% translucence on the blocks) and jammed ships on their nav menu. It would work the same way /god_mode and /invisibility_mode does, where it is NOT permanent and is lost when the player logs off and logs back on.

This is to allow for admins and streamers to cover events. Also so that players cannot hide from admins. Right now when hosting events, it's kind of annoying that I, as an admin, cannot provide updates to the other players on how the event is going because the players are radarjamming, and so I cannot select their ships to see how each individual player is doing. It's also annoying when I go to visit a player as an admin and cannot see them unless I break their radarjam or cloak.
    Hey the translucence would be awesome for the scanner in general. This would be a cool for also identifying ships that are cloaked, both scan discovered and faction. So you can see your faction ships while cloaked and perform regular tasks like in-flight docking etc.

Benevolent27

Join the Dark Side
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Hey the translucence would be awesome for the scanner in general. This would be a cool for also identifying ships that are cloaked, both scan discovered and faction. So you can see your faction ships while cloaked and perform regular tasks like in-flight docking etc.
    I hadn't thought of that. I really do like the idea! :D

You should post it as a separate idea, since it's unrelated to this one though.

Reactions: Lone_Puppy