Admin Command: Remove system blocks

Reaction score
    As I was fartin' about trying to find a rogue recharger block in a ship I planned to put power 2.0 in, I thought to my self "this would be so much easier if I could admin all the system blocks outta here".
    ~ /remove_systemblocks

While I'm quite happy with the state build mode is in after the changes, spending decades clearing the old system out (and subsequently reminiscing about the good ol' days) I'm less impressed with... I can't help but feel like it'd be useful to have an admin command for the task.

I'd use it for removing old systems from my ship shells, but I could also see it useful if one were to get a BP from the dock and want to do the systems them self, or redoing old pirate stations to the new system. Handy time saver I'd think, but I dunno if its worth the time to code. Thoughts?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    This would be great. An additional option in the catalogue to automatically scrub obsolete blocks or just import without systems altogether would be great too.

Reactions: Fays
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Great idea!
    Also being able to highlight blocks (like when you have power/stabs selected would be very welcome, as well as removing/replacing system groups.

Would make refitting etc much more enjoyable and easier to work with!

Also, on that note some improvements to the copy paste system would be great, it's very time consuming and difficult to actually get working on large structures.

Reactions: rocketman221
    Reaction score
    As I was fartin' about trying to find a rogue recharger block in a ship I planned to put power 2.0 in, I thought to my self "this would be so much easier if I could admin all the system blocks outta here".
    ~ /remove_systemblocks

While I'm quite happy with the state build mode is in after the changes, spending decades clearing the old system out (and subsequently reminiscing about the good ol' days) I'm less impressed with... I can't help but feel like it'd be useful to have an admin command for the task.

I'd use it for removing old systems from my ship shells, but I could also see it useful if one were to get a BP from the dock and want to do the systems them self, or redoing old pirate stations to the new system. Handy time saver I'd think, but I dunno if its worth the time to code. Thoughts?
    you could just use the "selection menu" of the advanced build mode and then use the remove mode to clear the selected blocks out.
    you can even highlight the selected blocks already and get info of how many are on your ship...

Great idea!
    Also being able to highlight blocks (like when you have power/stabs selected would be very welcome, as well as removing/replacing system groups.

Would make refitting etc much more enjoyable and easier to work with!

Also, on that note some improvements to the copy paste system would be great, it's very time consuming and difficult to actually get working on large structures.
    This is already possible. the selection tool can highlite all blocks of the type you selected. and it even tells you how much of them are on your ship...

Reactions: Dire Venom
    Reaction score
    you could just use the "selection menu" of the advanced build mode and then use the remove mode to clear the selected blocks out.
    you can even highlight the selected blocks already and get info of how many are on your ship...

This is already possible. the selection tool can highlite all blocks of the type you selected. and it even tells you how much of them are on your ship...
    It can indeed, however; *sets build size to 50x50*, *sets symmetry planes*, *types; power (old)*, R.click, *types; power capacitor (old)*, R.click, *types; power auxiliary (old)*, R.click, *types; scanner*, R.click, *types; scanner antenna*, R.click, *types; jumpdrive*, R.click, *types; jumpdrive module*, R.click, *types; jammer*, R.click, *types; jump inhibitor*, R.click.... you see where im going with this?

/remove_systemblocks ... done

Reaction score
    It can indeed, however; *sets build size to 50x50*, *sets symmetry planes*, *types; power (old)*, R.click, *types; power capacitor (old)*, R.click, *types; power auxiliary (old)*, R.click, *types; scanner*, R.click, *types; scanner antenna*, R.click, *types; jumpdrive*, R.click, *types; jumpdrive module*, R.click, *types; jammer*, R.click, *types; jump inhibitor*, R.click.... you see where im going with this?

/remove_systemblocks ... done
    yea but if you make it only one simple command it would basically remove all system blocks.

i would opt for an option added to the selection tool like a button like "remove selected blocks" ;-)
    less typing of "admin" commands wich might not be accesible for all players on a server.

and if you want to remove only specific system block types instead of all of them that would be easier than typing in dozens off commands...

Reaction score
    yea but if you make it only one simple command it would basically remove all system blocks.

i would opt for an option added to the selection tool like a button like "remove selected blocks" ;-)
    less typing of "admin" commands wich might not be accesible for all players on a server.

and if you want to remove only specific system block types instead of all of them that would be easier than typing in dozens off commands...
    The entire purpose is to remove system blocks. It's not meant as a command for anyone on a server...