additional sign variable suggestions

Reaction score
    • Railman
    • Wired for Logic
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    i love the display modules in starmade. here are some example variables to think about as we develop mechanics for ships that are designed to be crewed by more than one human player.

some example short variables are provided to save character space:

name of ship's entered faction: [faction] (and [factionid] for the number!
    sector coordinates of faction's home base: [factionhome] (printed e.g. 4, -6, -10)

current ship coordinates: [nav]
    current ship pilot: [pilot]
    target nav coordinates of ship's pilot: [pnav]

power rate: [powerRate]
    shield rate [shieldRate]
    ship under fire [underfire]

one other more complex, but cool idea: based upon the display's getting a logic signal, being able to set a printout variable would be very cool. imagine the toggles: on/off, ready/wait, docked/undocked, etc: best syntax up to schema, of course, but for example, a sign like so:

<style>l0=Offline,l1=Online</style>
    [log]

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I think it should also be tied to logic
    ie.

<logic> Tstring= "on", Fstring= "off"</logic>

Lights: on

Lights:eek:ff

Door:locked/unlocked

Reaction score
    It would be great if it could output to logic as well in response to a click or something. This would make it like a toggle block, but putting multiple screens together would allow you to build a sort of GUI for your ship. They should also be able to tie in with more systems such as scanners so that it can show who is in your system/sector . With all this, it would make it possible for your station to go to red alert when an enemy ship is detected (change the screen text and output to a logic system causing red flashing lights) and just generally making them more like the outputs of computers than signs.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    It would be nice if they looped around and added some more functionality to the display screens in general :) It seems like there is a lot of potential with the display modules that could greatly enhance the game with a few additional features.

I'd also like if you could do something to make the text run off the screen to the left (like you can currently do by adding a bunch of spaces to get floating text to the right of the display monitor).

Reaction score
    • Railman
    • Wired for Logic
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    interesting ideas all around. thanks for your interest, sign-lovers.

Reaction score
    What I want is things like stats for weapons, maybe as strings or a table, charge levels for the jump drive, status and target of turrets, and most of all, an option to link it to the core or cameras to make the text draw on the hud. Basically the ability to make custom ship huds.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    What I want is things like stats for weapons, maybe as strings or a table, charge levels for the jump drive, status and target of turrets, and most of all, an option to link it to the core or cameras to make the text draw on the hud. Basically the ability to make custom ship huds.
    New hud is coming out soon mate.