Additional Sensor Block Features

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    The titles speaks for itself!

Some suggestions include
    • thrusters in terms of percentage of speed cap
    • shield rechargers in terms of whether or not they are currently recharging, so a simple high/low signal would work
    I know others have suggested linking them to weapons, so throw more suggestions out there if you have them and I'll put them on the board.

Reactions: Malacodor
    Reaction score
    shield rechargers are there already, I use them to detect turrets taking fire

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Wiggity what? I tried that out, and it didn't seem to work, how does that function?

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Shield recharge is in, but as far as I'm aware it functions the same as a shield capacitor block hooked up with a sensor.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Shield recharge is in, but as far as I'm aware it functions the same as a shield capacitor block hooked up with a sensor.
    That's right, a sensor linked to a recharger still measures shields, not regen.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Ive heard the sensor block attached to weapons as well, but I am against that one specifically it would make more sense in my opinion if the computers simply output a short logic pulse when they fire. I dont know what else it would detect with a weapon comp.

I think it would be cool if a sensor block connected to a scanner activated if the scanner picked up an enemy ship in range on the last scan done this would make for some cool enemy detection systems without using the turret and area trigger trick. Perhaps it could sense distance % of the max range as well. simply detecting it in the first place would be enough for me tho.