Additional Random Spawning System

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    StarMade MOD / ARSS

Additional Random Spawning System
    (The basic specifications are written on the MOD page, and know-how is written on this page)
    This MOD to add a new random spawn function to the game. Will make the universe more diverse and thrilling place.
    Depending on player's location (type of current sector), you can customize the type and interval of the spawned pirate ship (other faction ship are also possible).
    The setting is a bit complicated, but you should be able to create a very versatile spawn model.
    Since this MOD only provides the mechanism of the spawn, you need to set up what kind of enemies actually spawn. Enemies to spawn, please use default Isanth or prepare any blueprints.

[Note]
    It is for multiplayer server, but it can also be used in singleplayer.
    After starting MOD, after the StarMade server got up, start the game client and connect to "localhost:4242" with multiplayer.

[Planning]
    It is a function I want to add in the future.
    • bounty (reward credits)
    [Spawn Mechanism]
    1. A spawn counter is assigned to each player, and the threshold is randomly set.

2. Compares the set sector type in order from the top, and detects which sector type the current location of the player matches.

3. Add the spawn tick set to the current sector type to the spawn counter of the player. The bigger the spawn tick, the shorter the spacing at which the enemy appears.

4. When the spawn counter reaches the threshold, the spawn is executed. The ship to be spawned is randomly chosen from the wave group set in current sector type and alias.

5. If the block ratio limit is set, the following two are compared, and the incompatible wave groups are excluded.
      - Total blocks of player ship.
      - Total blocks of ship set in Wave Group.

6. When selecting a wave group, the probability of being selected depends on the ratio of weight values.
      <Example> (total weight 500 in this case)
      Candidate WaveGroup-A: Weight=50 -> SelectingRate=10% (50 of 500)
      Candidate WaveGroup-B: Weight=150 -> SelectingRate=30% (150 of 500)
      Candidate WaveGroup-C: Weight=300 -> SelectingRate=60% (300 of 500)

7. Once the wave group is decided, the set ship will spawn. The location is one of 26 sectors around the player.

8. If "Squad Scale Multipler" is set, the spawn is repeatedly executed until one of the following conditions is satisfied.
      - The number of spawns reaches "Squad Scale Multipler".
      - The total blocks of the spawned ship is comparable to total blocks of player ship.

9. Return to the step 1.

[Ship Despawning]
    The ship is despoened if the following conditions are satisfied.
    • Ship unloaded
    • Lifetime elapsed
    [Tips]
    >>> Sector Type Settings / Neighborhood Entity
    The "Neighborhood Entity" is checks whether there are entities that match the condition in 27 sectors around the player (=loaded sector).
    <Example>
    - Type=Ship, Faction=-1
    Pirates ship.
    - Type=Any, Faction=-2
    All entities of Trading Guild.
    - Type=Ship, Faction=-1, Name=Scout
    Pirates ship with a name prefix by "Scout".
    <Use Case>
    - Determine the state of engagement
    If a pirate ship is present near the player, it can be judged that it is in battle.
    In that case, applying a sector type of low spawn tick makes it possible not to increase the enemies anymore, or to appears the reinforcements of Trading Guild.​
    - Ship that summon pirates
    First, spawning a scout ship.
    And if there is a scout ship nearby, apply a sector type with high occurrence rate of pirate ship. If you do not defeat it early, pirates will appear more and more.​
    >>> Sector Type Settings / Spawn Counter Tick
    It is the amount to be added to the spawn counter in one second.
    Basically we will use Global Tick. Local Tick are reset when you move to another type of sector.
    In the case of only global tick, I felt unnatural when passing through a sector with a high tick. For this reason I added local tick.
    By dividing the spawn counter threshold by tick (global + local) you can calculate the approximate time to spawning.
    >>> Sector Type Settings / Sector Entering Bonus
    It is a function to use when you want an interceptor to appear.
    When entering that sector, the bonus value will be added to the spawn counter. When going out, it is removed.
    <Example>
    - Incidence=100% BonusValue=100%
    When entering the sector, the interceptor immediately appears.
    - Incidence=100% BonusValue=80%
    After entering the sector, interceptors appears after a while.
    - Incidence=30% BonusValue=100%
    When entering the sector, interceptors occasionally appear.
    <Use Case>
    Both are actualized in combination with neighboring entity conditions.
    - Rapid reflection force
    When approaching the pirate station, the interception fleet emerges with a high probability.​
    - Trading guild protection
    When being chased by pirates, if you to take refuge in the trading guild station, the rescue team will come soon.​

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Hey man I just wanted to let you know that I think this mod is awesome.

Now I am not sure, because I can't really comprehend what you try to say in your OP, if what I criticise is allready in:
    It would be nice if you add a description for singleplayer about how to set it up and how to use it.

If there needs to be set up a spawning behaviour config file it would be nice if there is a default one included that gives a good experience for singleplayer pve. :)

Still a very good idea, I think it's a shame that no one wrote you allready. Projects like this really help the the game overall.

I would maybe download and try it, if I knew that it was set up ready with some nice insanths and stations spawning for singleplayer.

Last edited:

Skwidz

turtleStew
    Reaction score
    Hey man I just wanted to let you know that I think this mod is awesome.

Now I am not sure, because I can't really comprehend what you try to say in your OP, if what I criticise is allready in:
    It would be nice if you add a description for singleplayer about how to set it up and how to use it.

If there needs to be set up a spawning behaviour config file it would be nice if there is a default one included that gives a good experience for singleplayer pve. :)

Still a very good idea, I think it's a shame that no one wrote you allready. Projects like this really help the the game overall.

I would maybe download and try it, if I knew that it was set up ready with some nice insanths and stations spawning for singleplayer.
    Found at the top: Additional Random Spawning System

Reaction score
    I think that the default setting for singleplayer is good, but I feel that it is not very effective to game property because it can only use Isanth. But it may be good as a setting sample.
    What do you think?

Reaction score
    I think that the default setting for singleplayer is good, but I feel that it is not very effective to game property because it can only use Isanth. But it may be good as a setting sample.
    What do you think?
    I think you should write into your description that there is a preconfigured settings file allready in the download, and that it can be easily used in singleplayer.

Right now I can't even comprehend if and how to set up this mod for singleplayer.

After starting MOD, after the StarMade server got up, start the game client and connect to "localhost:4242" with multiplayer.

I mean does this work also this way for singleplayer? =) What do I have to do so it works only on my own pc? I just couldn't found the answers to that in the description, but I guess it would be cleared if I downloaded it. I just say that more people would use it if those questions were allready answered in the description here.

The thing is I personally just want to know if I can download it and use it within 2 minutes or if I have to fiddle around for 20 minutes.

Skwidz

turtleStew
    Reaction score
    I think you should write into your description that there is a preconfigured settings file allready in the download, and that it can be easily used in singleplayer.

Right now I can't even comprehend if and how to set up this mod for singleplayer.

I mean does this work also this way for singleplayer? =) What do I have to do so it works only on my own pc?

The thing is I personally just want to know if I can download it and use it within 2 minutes or if I have to fiddle around for 20 minutes.
    Look at line #3 in your post. localhost means the local server, as in the machine you're running the game on. It won't be available online for others to use unless it's configured for multiplayer server use. To use, simply run the program and use "localhost:4242" as the server ip under multiplayer.

As for fiidling around with it, it depends on what you want it to do. Do you want it to use Isanths and do its default thing? Leave it alone. If you want it to do something special (use other blueprints maybe) then you should change its settings.

Reaction score
    Look at line #3 in your post. localhost means the local server, as in the machine you're running the game on. It won't be available online for others to use unless it's configured for multiplayer server use. To use, simply run the program and use "localhost:4242" as the server ip under multiplayer.

As for fiidling around with it, it depends on what you want it to do. Do you want it to use Isanths and do its default thing? Leave it alone. If you want it to do something special (use other blueprints maybe) then you should change its settings.
    I want clarification from the author in its OP, its written unclear:

It is for multiplayer server, but it can also be used in singleplayer.

If it works in singleplayer without any special work, it should say: "It's not for multiplayer exclusively and also works in singleplayer. For singleplayer start your game normally, and then start my tool. Connect with it to "localhost:4242".

Right now the text has an ambiguous meaning, as it can also mean: "Start the Mod first, then start the Starmade Server (which you can select from the Starmade Launcher in the bottom left menu), then Start the Singleplayer Game Client from Starmade and connect from the Multiplayer Menu to "localhost:4242"."

I think the OP should say:

"It also works for singleplayer:

Start the Mod first, then start the Starmade Server (which you can select from the Starmade Launcher in the bottom left menu), then Start the Singleplayer Game Client from Starmade and connect from the Multiplayer Menu to "localhost:4242"."

Reaction score
    It is based on the start guide on the MOD page.
    That is, when you start MOD, the server also starts automatically. So you can understand the sentences.

(One of the reasons why sentences are hard to understand is that I am not a native English speaker)

It takes 20 minutes to learn because it is intended for multiplayer server. Therefore, functionality is given priority over convenience.

In the future we would like to make it easy to use in singleplayer, but we have not reached it at this time.

Reaction score
    The type of sector could not be detected (always Unknown) due to update v0.201.126, but we supported by version 2.13.
    Although reward credits can be set for spawn ships, this does not work yet.