Add "Exclude Block" to Pick/replace tools

Napther

Grumpy builder of Kaiju Design Initiative
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    As title, We all like the pick/replace tool we have to removing and recolouring large sections of 1 block...

...But what about the other way around?

We should be able to select a block (Preferably a list, or category of blocks) that will be "Protected" from removal by the build tool until de-selected.

Key blocks really would be Rails and Logic. Being able to exclude these from the remove modes will give a huge sigh of relief when removing blocks, And can act as a safety net on an errant right-click removing a section of ship which Undo cannot fix since a dozen turrets and 3 rail doors are now spinning all over the place or something.

Zyrr

Chronic Troublemaker
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    I didn't intend to steal this suggestion and pass it off as my own at all.

Reactions: MacThule

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    a dozen turrets and 3 rail doors are now spinning all over the place or something
    I've used rail pickup's to sort out disconnecting rails in certain instances similar to this. Sadly, this doesn't work for turret axis, but would be awesome if it did. OMG, it sure helps when you have doors clipping and lagging you out inside the ship.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    It would be super nice if we could select multiple block types as "locked" during build mode. Rails being a major one, but also things like weapon modules while changing an effect and other similar situations.