• I dont like pretty

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I think weapons should stay as they are.\\

HOWEVER, i think they should have another 'level' added to them, more a purely cosmetic/decorative (maybe with some functionality) than any big rework.

I want to have giant, flashy beams of death, or maybe I want them to look like pencil thin space distortors?
    Maybe I want giant glowing balls of death for missiles, or maybe I want dim, sleek missiles with giant thruster plumes?
    Maybe I want my engines to have a giant radiant glow or maybe I want a concentrated stream?

Very little functional effect, however it would allow much greater immersion and customization of weapons to personal preferance without forcing players to use a missile type just for its looks.

Thruster blocks could also be linked to one of these 'cosmetic' computers, and allow cosmetic adjustment of the selected group.
    _____________________________________________________________________________

So, simply put:

-Add another type of computers dedicated to mostly cosmetic appearance of systems.
    -These computers can be used to modify the cosmetic effects of certain ship systems.

E.g
    Cosmetic customisation to allow the same weapons system to look like this:

Or this:

When activated, you can move the sliders around/select different options in the computer.
    For example, relative size of projectile, relative brightness, length, intensity, transparency, dissfusion etc.

These could all be played around with to create a variety of visually different weapons with the same functional charestics and would make starmade a lot more visually appealing, diverse and

PRETTY

Dr. Whammy

Executive Constructologist of the United Star Axis
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Awwwww snap! Species 8472 multi-ship Death Star beam for the win!

...and yes; The Whammy likes pretty.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Yeah definitely think that weapons should get a graphic overhaul ( with still the option to keep non fancy ones, for those with slow compuetrs )

Croquelune

An Imaginary Number's officer
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    More customisation in shield impact effect could be enjoyable too.