Guthris

Lord Commodore Horatio Solomon Guthris
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    In a sad turn of events I became victim to the most detrimental game "feature" we have all come to detest.

In between the 2 options used the most by avid gunship players and station turret operators alike is a cancerous button.

There currently is no warning dropdown to ask you the single question that burns on all our minds.
    "Do we really wanna undock everything?"

If you divert your attention to this graph I made you can see the face value of game improvement caused by implementing this suggestion.

So the suggestion is simple, please add the confirmation option when accidentally hitting the "undock all" button.

Every time someone presses the button and crashes their server a kitten dies. Will you be accessory to this crime any longer or will you take steps to change it. Do it for the kittens.

Please follow this link and click the big button as you watch how you could have helped all these kittens.
    Instant in the arms of an angel

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    oh yea... I remember a thing... when 1060 entities on my infinity undocked and had to oblierate the whole universe,fun times :D
    yup,that button needs to be moved somewhere else or as you said,we need that confirmation button.

Benevolent27

Join the Dark Side
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    lol, point well made. The graph was very convincing, but seeing all the sad kittens with Sarah Mclachlan playing in the background is what really clinched it for me.

Though I have never actually done this myself, I have come very close a few times and I dread the moment it happens to me. The looming threat. I say add a confirmation box and also move the button to the bottom, so it's harder to accidentally press.

OFW-Osirus

Owner of Orion Fleetworks
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    This confirmation suggestion is solid. i have done the same in the past and it kills my starmade drive just knowing you have to clean up after dirty mike and the boys conduct a soup kitchen in a prius after all the entity collisions stop happening. +1 Please implement this suggestion asap.

Last edited:

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    oh yea... I remember a thing... when 1060 entities on my infinity undocked and had to oblierate the whole universe,fun times :D
    yup,that button needs to be moved somewhere else or as you said,we need that confirmation button.
    NOPENOPENOPENOPENOPE. All we need is a confirmation button. Don't question it. Just make it happen.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    This also needs to happen if you accidentally click to remove either a rail docker or basic rail that would cause an entity to become undocked. I don't know how many times I've been working on a turret with symmetry mode and or I miss-click and next thing I know the barrel is flying off through space!

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Both moving out from between the love/life sandwich and a confirmation button would be good!

Benevolent27

Join the Dark Side
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    This also needs to happen if you accidentally click to remove either a rail docker or basic rail that would cause an entity to become undocked. I don't know how many times I've been working on a turret with symmetry mode and or I miss-click and next thing I know the barrel is flying off through space!
    I agree with this. Though this reminded me of another idea I had, which was to expand the "remove/replace filter" inversely. Basically you could set the filter to remove ALL block types, except 1. So a player might choose NOT to remove rail turret axis, but to remove all other block types. Or perhaps it could be expanded further, and allow players to select multiple block types not to remove, ie, all rail types.

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Sounds more like you need a nuclear warhead. I can't even imagine cleaning all that up. :p
    But yea, a confirm button should totally be added for this. We have one for jumping out of ships even though we auto-grapple but not for the undock all button? o_O

Guthris

Lord Commodore Horatio Solomon Guthris
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    The worst is when it happens on station with 5 ships with spooling chaindrives. Good fun trying to catch up to them o_O

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Agreed. I think we've all been victims of this at least once.

If schema would be modifying the structure menu for this great suggestion, it would be nice if the structure menu did not display menus for systems the entity didn't have, to reduce clutter. Why show Damage Pulse systems (and whatever else) in there if the ship doesn't have them?

Reaction score
    In the new bug fixing round, it said something about safety element in structure menu, maybe this has been implemented now.
    Can someone get that confirmed

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    There was already a ticket in queue for this.
    Just saying.

Reaction score
    I agree with this. Though this reminded me of another idea I had, which was to expand the "remove/replace filter" inversely. Basically you could set the filter to remove ALL block types, except 1. So a player might choose NOT to remove rail turret axis, but to remove all other block types. Or perhaps it could be expanded further, and allow players to select multiple block types not to remove, ie, all rail types.
    Answer:
    create thread/
    title: Inverse remove/replace filter
    Type:
    Basically you could set the filter to remove ALL block types, except 1. So a player might choose NOT to remove rail turret axis, but to remove all other block types. Or perhaps it could be expanded further, and allow players to select multiple block types not to remove, ie, all rail types.
    press button: create thread
    /create thread.

Do it. I comand you!:p

Benevolent27

Join the Dark Side
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Answer:
    create thread/
    title: Inverse remove/replace filter
    Type:
    press button: create thread
    /create thread.

Do it. I comand you!:p
    Haha, well first I need to see if there's another thread out there with this suggestion already, but if not, I will post it. :)

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    for this problem though i subbmited another suggestion regarding symmetry mode handling and deletion of items in a safe mode. meaning only deleting the item type you clicked on on the other ysymmetry planes.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Hooray! Everything worked out and is fine now! Game can finally enter beta. Good work, everyone!