Read by Council Activation Sequence Logic

JNC

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I would like to propose the addition of a logic block that when assigned to a computer, or some other control block, allows the player to adjust the sequence in which the assigned groups are activated, and the time between activations.

So for example, if one of these blocks were attached to a weapons computer, which is controlling several separate weapon groups, it would allow you to specify the order in which all those groups activate, and the amount of delay between activations, thus, providing a means for staggered fire.

Perhaps it could be called a 'sequencer' or something similar? :D

Reactions: ToasterBorst
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    This would be pretty sweet. I've always wanted alternating weapons.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    This is a very specific block. Not sure how the devs feel about it. But I would love it if some form of pulser was included. Or a timer really.It would send out a signal every so often, something that we could adjust ourselves.

Reactions: ToasterBorst
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    From what you've described, all of this can be done with logic in its current state.

JNC

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    How so jstenholt?

and yes, it is a specific request but i suppose it could have multiple uses. Perhaps it could be two blocks instead of one? I just dont want to have to build a house sized computer in order to do these things. =P

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Yeah, I don't think that the dev's should waste their time making blocks that perform the function a larger logic assembly can do. You just need to see what needs to be done figure out what components need to be connected int what order.

Reaction score
    I would like to propose the addition of a logic block that when assigned to a computer, or some other control block, allows the player to adjust the sequence in which the assigned groups are activated, and the time between activations.

So for example, if one of these blocks were attached to a weapons computer, which is controlling several separate weapon groups, it would allow you to specify the order in which all those groups activate, and the amount of delay between activations, thus, providing a means for staggered fire.

Perhaps it could be called a 'sequencer' or something similar? :D
    Quicky doable by making the computers send a logic signal every time they shoot, but only once every 0.5 seconds (to prevent spamming)

Reactions: JNC

JNC

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Really, the reason i wanted something like this was for multi-gun (or multi-barreled) turrets that dont really have room for a logic computer. But, i think you guys got the idea, just throwing it out there. =P

JNC

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    As SapioT pointed out, and as was shown in Benchs tutorial. It is possible to trigger weapon computers with logic (pushing button for example), but best i can tell it isn't possible to trigger a weapon computer from your hotbar (select hotbar, mouse click) and have that function be modified by logic. If logic could be applied to a computer passively (slaving a delay to the computer for example) so that using the block, in anyway, still applied the logic, than my request could be achieved. Possible solution:

1.) Allow computers to also function as logic activators
    2.) And / or when an activator is used (logic or otherwise) it should first check if any logic blocks are linked to it and apply those before activating
    3.) Allow logic to affect specific functions of a computer (specific weapon groups attached to a computer for example)

Raisinbat

Raging Troll
    Reaction score
    logic can do what you want but turrets dont face their targets properly so logiced weapons in turrets dont work. Making turrets face their targets properly would fix your problem along with a whole bunch of others, like mining turrets