Activate logic from Inside your ship core/build block!

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    So i've been thinking of a way to activate logic from inside your ship core.
    I have suggested an logic effect for power supply beams.

BUT: I finnaly found a way! Update 0.885 brought us more then you think!
    here is what you gotte do:
    Place a storage block and left/right/behind/on front/under/on top of it an activation block
    call your storage "logic activator" (change this to idk open door if you want to make a door go open)
    after that go to your ship core enter it, and go to the cargo thingy, there put a block in "logic activator" or get a block out of "logic activator" this would turn the activation block on/off (i do not know this for sure but i read some thread that said storage interacts with logic.

i hope this works, i haven't been able to try this cuz my update wont work :(

edited:
    a second way to activate logic is just go into build mode and go to your activation block...... :p

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    So i've been thinking of a way to activate logic from inside your ship core.
    I have suggested an logic effect for power supply beams.

BUT: I finnaly found a way! Update 0.885 brought us more then you think!
    here is what you gotte do:
    Place a storage block and left/right/behind/on front/under/on top of it an activation block
    call your storage "logic activator" (change this to idk open door if you want to make a door go open)
    after that go to your ship core enter it, and go to the cargo thingy, there put a block in "logic activator" or get a block out of "logic activator" this would turn the activation block on/off (i do not know this for sure but i read some thread that said storage interacts with logic.

i hope this works, i haven't been able to try this cuz my update wont work :(
    Using storage output to make things with logic is quite smart

Reaction score
    It might work but I think you will need to have the object go through more than one storage block, logic doesn't recognized objects placed in storage by the user or factories, just those that get pulled from one storage block to another.

From what I've read here on the forums

"OR" is high if there is anything in the storage block (this I have tested and it does work provided that it was pulled from a different storage block)
    "Activator" is high if storage is full (haven't tested this personally)

I don't know what any other logic blocks will do if anything.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    It might work but I think you will need to have the object go through more than one storage block, logic doesn't recognized objects placed in storage by the user or factories, just those that get pulled from one storage block to another.

From what I've read here on the forums

"OR" is high if there is anything in the storage block (this I have tested and it does work provided that it was pulled from a different storage block)
    "Activator" is high if storage is full (haven't tested this personally)

I don't know what any other logic blocks will do if anything.
    thanks for the information i think it can be usefull that you dont need a full storage, also we only need that or signal to activate everything xD

Reaction score
    While I, like many others, definitely look forward to the day when we can stick activation blocks into our hotbar with labels, I'm not sure this is a good work around.

It's still a pain to click into the named inventory and trigger movement of some kind vs just go into build mode and click a button that you set up in your core room. Plus, you can put a display block right above the activator so when you're jumping ship to ship, no problems remembering (kinda like you could do with named inventory, but again, without the hassle)