Accidentally Spawned Spider

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Purchased!
    OK, I accidentally gave the create_spawner_test command and cannot get rid of the spiders!

Tried destroy_entity on them but they come back and yes it is now "they" as I tried the command again with "false" after it!

Has anyone got either a large glass or know the command to get rid of them please?

Thanks

Dr. Whammy

Executive Constructologist of the United Star Axis
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    I'm sorry, you're going to have to set your computer on fire. Possibly your house. It's the only way to be sure.
    I'll see your LV426 reference and raise you one.
    Utility Armor 01.jpg
    Get away from her, you GLITCH!!!

Reactions: DeepspaceMechanic

OfficialCoding

Professional Quickfire Hater
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    All you have to do is destroy the entity you used as the spawner. I set a ship core as mine and when I overheated it it stopped spawning

Dr. Whammy

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    A few question guys,

How many spiders can exist at one time? Are they a one-at-a-time sort of thing or can multiple appear over time?

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    A few question guys,

How many spiders can exist at one time? Are they a one-at-a-time sort of thing or can multiple appear over time?
    Judging from the OP, yes, they can multiply.

OfficialCoding

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    A few question guys,

Only one spider can spawn from a given spawner at a time. An additional spider will not spawn until the previous ones has been killed.

Reactions: Dr. Whammy

Dr. Whammy

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Only one spider can spawn from a given spawner at a time. An additional spider will not spawn until the previous ones has been killed.
    Thank you. This was my experience on the old (pre-rails) abandoned stations but I wasn't sure if that always happens. Can you set multiple spawners to get more than one spider at a time?

OfficialCoding

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Thank you. This was my experience on the old (pre-rails) abandoned stations but I wasn't sure if that always happens. Can you set multiple spawners to get more than one spider at a time?
    idk. I tried it on the same entity but it didn't work. I'm sure you can have multiple active spawners on multiple entities.

What I want to see is these in the game

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Purchased!
    Yeah there were two at one point!

I don't know if MrGreys suggestion actually worked but a small squadron of TIE fighters came to my rescue and the spiders stopped spawning, though I did issue the command he suggested.

Having "/jump" as a ring remembered command in chat is fine but I simply hit up cursor once more than I meant to and hit return before I realised what I was doing.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions, made me chuckle and showed there is still a fun sense of community around here. Nice to know.

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    I just hope that in the not too distant future, those things will spawn and we'll have to deal with those buggers. It'll make exploring derelict stations that much more exciting.

Dr. Whammy

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    I just hope that in the not too distant future, those things will spawn and we'll have to deal with those buggers. It'll make exploring derelict stations that much more exciting.
    With the information I've gathered here, I intend to heavily incorporate this feature into "missions" on my upcoming server.

Operation Bug Hunt...

Mission objectives:
    - Infiltrate the infested base
    - Locate and rescue stranded survivors
    - Locate and destroy the xeno-mech hive

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    With the information I've gathered here, I intend to heavily incorporate this feature into "missions" on my upcoming server.

Operation Bug Hunt...

Mission objectives:
    - Infiltrate the infested base
    - Locate and rescue stranded survivors
    - Locate and destroy the xeno-mech hive
    - Don't get infested by the facehuggers.

Dr. Whammy

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    - Don't get infested by the facehuggers.
    That happened to me once; years ago.

I took a light gunship to a station to find out that "secret" on abandoned stations that Schine mentioned a while ago and found the spiders. I held my own with the basic laser pistol (forgot to bring something heavier from the armory) but decided I wasn't in the mood to get LV426ed so I ran back to my ship and took off.

As I pulled away from the station, I heard this "thump, thump thump!" noise. A spider had snuck into my air lock! It was trying to break into the main corridor to get me. So I opened the air lock manually, kicked the little bastard out then shot it to pieces with the ship's guns.

THIS is why I invented power armor.

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!

I took a light gunship to a station to find out that "secret" on abandoned stations that Schine mentioned a while ago and found the spiders. I held my own with the basic laser pistol (forgot to bring something heavier from the armory) but decided I wasn't in the mood to get LV426ed so I ran back to my ship and took off.

As I pulled away from the station, I heard this "thump, thump thump!" noise. A spider had snuck into my air lock! It was trying to break into the main corridor to get me. So I opened the air lock manually, kicked the little bastard out then shot it to pieces with the ship's guns.

Bwahahaha. :D

Reaction score
    • Likeable Gold
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    • Thinking Positive

No way! - Did you actually have a bug pull off the classic "Alien" choreography on you?

1) Survivor leaves a panicky situation in a hurry, aboard their ship, thinking they can finally kick off their shoes, and find some solace in the dim lights of the cockpit controls.
    2) An uninvited extra passenger reveals itself.
    3) After a small amount of bonus struggle, the invader gets blown out an airlock.

And that bug was familiar with this classic choreography... StarMade's AI isn't that dumb after all ;D

Last edited: