Accidentally Deleted Pirate Faction

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I was messing around with the admin commands and I accidentally deleted the pirate faction and now there are no hostile ships. They all just fly around aimlessly. Does anyone know how I can reverse this or maybe reinstate the pirate faction?

Reaction score
    I have the same problem.
    I joined the Pirates faction, and when I left it got deleted.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    You could try renaming your starmade install directory so it forces a reinstall, and then copying over the faction folder before un-renaming your original directory and deleting the new one.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Bump. A server I play on it having the same issue, and a universe reset is out of the question.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    OK so try this oout, no idea if it is going to work or not.

first off, check your factions on the server:

/faction_list

See if by chance the server still recognizes there is a Pirates faction which would be faction ID -1

If so, spawn some from this command:

/spawn_mobs (ship name from catalog) -1 (however many you would like to spawn)

or try initiating a wave with admin command:

/initiate_wave (level) (number of ships to spawn)

I also think that possibly the faction IDs with negative number is equal to an enemy perhaps however I do not know if that makes much sense for a large server. Hope something around this will help :/

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Same situation on our server.

Joined Pirate faction to test a few things but didn\'t immediately lose the faction when I left. In fact, was able to initiate_waves a number of times between leaving the faction and it becoming unknown.

Now.. /initate_wave still spawns ships that are under AI control, but they fly in, poke around without attacking, then leave. All bear an \"(unknown faction -1)\" tag.

So the server still has an NPC group to spawn from, but it\'s not registered as a faction anymore. Need a way to reinstate without a reinstall, but without more info I\'m afraid that\'s my only option.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    I am also am having this problem. Is it possible deleteing the factions file might reset the factions for the server?

Reaction score
    has anyone found a fix to this yet? a way to remake the NPC pirate faction without a server restart?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hi All,

We got the same problem ... one of our admins did the same mistake: and plop, the pirates faction just disappear ... wtf ?

We\'ve tried a server reboot: no way.

We tried to recreate a \"Pirate\" faction, no way at all. She\'s considered as a players faction (ID 10000+) and even if we can declare it \"on war\" against all existing PC factions I doubt this will be enough to \"pop\" NPC players and ships.

There is at this time no possibility to give an ID such as -1 to a faction ... and I think that only such factions are \"server/game controled\" (NPCs) so what can we do now ?

If any people here has any way to speak to Schema, that will be the good point, I hope.

LKS

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    my server faced this issue a while ago, and we solved it by reseting just the factions. We did this by getting the faction file from a fresh SP universe and overwriting the one missing pirates on our server.

Reaction score
    DO the following commands:
    /faction_edit -1 Pirates Ravaging_space_pirates
    /faction set_all_relations -1 enemy

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Im wondering how to make MORE NPC factions

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hi all

@therimmer96: sorry but I can\'t even understand a word of what you said ? What is \"reseting the factions\" ? What is SP Universe ? And how do you \"overwrite\" the pirates faction ?

@Shophaune: seems to be good to recreate the pirate\'s faction ... the fact is that on our server as I can see they are still existing (and fighting) but they just disepear from the factions list (not a real problem in fact, just \"perturbing\" ;) )

@Thadius: no issue about that, I think ... maybe the negatives IDs are handled by the game itself (-1 for pirates, -2 for merchants) but I don\'t know how to give another NPC faction any AI \"module\" to make something different (and for what, btw ?)

LKS

PS: if the game impoves the NPCs (on planets etc) and a way to give \"orders\" to some of them (collecting ressources for example) there why not a NPCs faction of exporers/miners ... let\'s have a dream :)

Reaction score
    first open folder of starmade, go to backup folder, you look the last date for example server-database-backup-1393134486321.zip, open server-database and extract \"FACTIONS.fac\" to \"C:Starmade Folder\\server-database\" is all :)

Good Luck

Sorry for my bad english hehehe..