A silly question...

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    But how on earth do you get the reactor stabalizer stream nodes to actually make the stream of power go through them instead of directly to the stabalizers?
    [doublepost=1535333492,1535331657][/doublepost]Oop, nevermind. It apparently doesn't like it when you're building while docked to a station.

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    just remove that ugly ass beam already...
    it does serve a purpose. severing it can severely hamper a ship's operation. it would even be possible to disable a ship to the point where boarding would be an option to capture it mostly intact.

Skwidz

turtleStew
    Reaction score
    But how on earth do you get the reactor stabalizer stream nodes to actually make the stream of power go through them instead of directly to the stabalizers?
    [doublepost=1535333492,1535331657][/doublepost]Oop, nevermind. It apparently doesn't like it when you're building while docked to a station.
    Reactor beams follow a "closest point" rule. If the stab group centers are closer to the reactor than a node, then it will go straight to the stab group. Afaik you can link multiple nodes to "get around this". Also each node can have only one node linked to it and only one node can have the node linked to it meaning two can't share a node.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    Reactor beams follow a "closest point" rule. If the stab group centers are closer to the reactor than a node, then it will go straight to the stab group. Afaik you can link multiple nodes to "get around this". Also each node can have only one node linked to it and only one node can have the node linked to it meaning two can't share a node.
    Mostly true, but I can only ever get the stream to use one routing node per entity, which is a bit inconvenient. I assumed I was doing something wrong, but tried several approaches and it still always goes through one node then on to the stabs, ignoring all other nodes even if they are placed very near the stream's current path.

Skwidz

turtleStew
    Reaction score
    Mostly true, but I can only ever get the stream to use one routing node per entity, which is a bit inconvenient. I assumed I was doing something wrong, but tried several approaches and it still always goes through one node then on to the stabs, ignoring all other nodes even if they are placed very near the stream's current path.
    Are you trying to use singular nodes per stream?

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    WarSong, i believe you missed my point :)

i find it utterly point and useless
    missed? no. ignored and reminded anyone who might agree with you why it exists? yes.

i don't even disagree. tbh streams or no idgaf. regardless; they exist and explaining why they exist is the only reason i quoted you.

Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    You have to link (C/V) the nodes into a chain. Direction matters for this, but I forget which way--and there was some incorrect info at some point--so if it still doesn't appear to work, unlink them and try linking in the other direction.

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    You have to link (C/V) the nodes into a chain. Direction matters for this, but I forget which way--and there was some incorrect info at some point--so if it still doesn't appear to work, unlink them and try linking in the other direction.
    It works from the end point to the start point. From the stabilizers to the reactor.

The issue I was having is that the stream ignores the stream nodes if you are docked to a station.

Reactions: MacThule

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    The issue I was having is that the stream ignores the stream nodes if you are docked to a station.
    Ah, okay. I believe this has to do with docked reactors being inactivated. The beam won't budge unless you have an active (aka non-docked) reactor.

Undock for a few seconds, maybe add/remove a reactor block, and it should flip the beam around to where its supposed to go.

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    Ah, okay. I believe this has to do with docked reactors being inactivated. The beam won't budge unless you have an active (aka non-docked) reactor.

Undock for a few seconds, maybe add/remove a reactor block, and it should flip the beam around to where its supposed to go.
    Yeah, I figured that out shortly after I originally posted. I watched a few videos and did some reading to make sure I wasn't missing anything. But apparently, they do work as advertised when the ship is not docked.

Reaction score
    Laying down nodes with symmetry on can fuddle it up as well since it may auto "c" or "v" the mirror node instead of the one you just placed.

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    Well, whatever the hiccup was, it appears to have sorted itself out somehow. My ship no longer has it's power stream go astray when docked. Weird.