A question about cargo transfer rails

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I've been trying to build a mining ship that uses a rotating drill of salvage beams, I found that cargo no longer transfers via rails and I need to use the Rail load and Unload blocks.

Does anybody know if cargo transfers through rail rotor blocks? There isn't a load unload for rotors. If it doesn't is there still a way to transfer cargo from a dock that rotates?

Reaction score
    I've been trying to build a mining ship that uses a rotating drill of salvage beams, I found that cargo no longer transfers via rails and I need to use the Rail load and Unload blocks.

Does anybody know if cargo transfers through rail rotor blocks? There isn't a load unload for rotors. If it doesn't is there still a way to transfer cargo from a dock that rotates?
    Unfortunately, no. What I am curious about, though is whether you need to link the salvagers to a chest. If not, you could just put storage on the main entity and let the items transfer automatically.

Reaction score
    Unfortunately, no. What I am curious about, though is whether you need to link the salvagers to a chest. If not, you could just put storage on the main entity and let the items transfer automatically.
    I am not sure that the items would go anywhere without a chest.
    since thers no pilot in the entity that actually mines thers nowhere the items can go except a cargo chest on said entity.

but it's the easiest way to just switch out the rotator with a unload rail everytime the mining drill is shut off.