A pain for me at least(ship core exiting)

Reaction score
    I would politely like to suggest, (im unaware of a similar suggestion being posted although i only skimmed the first page of this section ,and have not googled) that players upon exiting their ship core or whatever computer they could be occupying to be spawned in the ship.
    Mostly for the sake of fighters to keep interior space to a minimum(though you could make an understandable point they dont need it) i like to have some wiggle room myself in the ship.

Just slightly thinking about how this could be is the player be auto aligned to the ship and spawned directly behind the core, but that is bad since some players would cover the back of their core so, maybe and a 4 to 6 option orientation(to set an exit point on four-six sides of the core) for the ship core. Which could be accessed when the players push their "select" block button(c is the default to my knowledge), and then just holding ctrl and then maybe a little box saying that you have the core selected so people wont be weirded out when they try placing a wedge and are blissfully unaware they cant orient the thing properly till they have deselected their core. But there are weapon computers and other stuff to think about as well since they already have a orientation option...so maybe there could be a mode option like with copy and paste? where you set the orientation for the computer itself and then an exit point?

I would personally like this feature because, i could cut down on the interior of my fighter designs because i have to create a sizable room to accommodate spawning space alone. Not sayin this is totally needed in any way, im just sayin it would be nice imo.

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    If you looked at this section, you would have never found any game suggestions because you've put it in the wrong place.

Thread moved.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Fighters should always have a 3x3x3 interior behind the core currently and either a 1x1 hole in floor/ceiling to enter/leave while aligned.

Do you essentially suggest that this 3x3y3z cube required for the player to spawn should become a 1a 1b 3c with 3c containing the core + 2 empty blocks in one direction away from it, dictating the players up/down?

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Well... in my thread in the shipyard part of the forums....all my fighters pictured there, you can walk into. When I exit a majority of those craft I pop up on top of the ship, which is fine, cause its like I just hopped out of the SD-cockpit block that just happens to be near. :) The ones where I left enough room in front of the facing end (meaning the core is flush against the wall but the diagonal and facing core end are clear by 2-3 blocks) of the core, I exit the core just fine and inside the ship. Also, I have argued about certain changes in the game to hinder the building smaller craft....lol....but I've learned how to design better to incorporate the changes and still make my fighters look good.......lol not to plug my thread ,but those fighters on there are from 10 - 26 meters in length...so it can be done.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I have exited the game with my astronaut floating still inside the middle of a large, still structure (a stopped frigate-sized ship) with an adequate interior (3x3x3 room, plus a 3x3x1 plexdoor, with a 3x3x5 hallway in front of that, surrounded with 2m hull) and ended up thrown 20 meters outside that structure the next time I started up the game. This was on a personal server. I don't know if that situation is an exception to normal spawning behavior, or if there is a setting that locks your spawn position to your last position, or something else. I am certainly interested in being able to expect to respawn inside a previously occupied large interior, whether on a ship at rest (I always stop my ships before quitting the game, so they don't fly off into the cosmos) or inside a spacestation (even better!). As it is, I dutifully move my astronaut outside, within the safe radius of a shop, so there are no surprises when I spawn back in.

Reaction score
    Fighters should always have a 3x3x3 interior behind the core currently and either a 1x1 hole in floor/ceiling to enter/leave while aligned.

Do you essentially suggest that this 3x3y3z cube required for the player to spawn should become a 1a 1b 3c with 3c containing the core + 2 empty blocks in one direction away from it, dictating the players up/down?
    No.
    I just want a bounding box(like maybe a red one or something that turns green when it has space for the player to fit and maybe when its red(not enough space) itll spawn you like it always has) to be manipulable around the ship core to say that this is where you will exit. so if you want your lil bit of space behind or in front or top or bottom or whatever tickles the pickle you can do it. I just want to really cut down on airspace but still not spawn outside the little ship id make using this. I just feel that for fighters, to spawn inside one it takes too much space is all...and as before this is

just a suggestion :>

and on the topic of dictating i blame the ship core

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I have an idea about this...Exit blocks. It could be an invisible block like the area block (or maybe you could use the area block itself) that when connected to a ship core or warp gate computer serves to mark the area where the player appears when they exit the block. Sort of like you're telling the block "get out where this block is". That would also help with warp gates as well so that you could walk through and show up at the other gate instead of in space. Of course if no block was connected it would just do what it does now.

Reaction score
    as far as i know, the char is 1 block wide and 2 blocks high....why not make a zone block, like the trigger area, that you can connect to the core as an exit Spot, where you then spawn. to avoid that you jump out at the other end of the ship, there could be a max connection range.

Edit: oops i just read the post above XD

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I have an idea about this...Exit blocks. It could be an invisible block like the area block (or maybe you could use the area block itself) that when connected to a ship core or warp gate computer serves to mark the area where the player appears when they exit the block. Sort of like you're telling the block "get out where this block is". That would also help with warp gates as well so that you could walk through and show up at the other gate instead of in space. Of course if no block was connected it would just do what it does now.
    Transporters :)
    as far as i know, the char is 1 block wide and 2 blocks high....why not make a zone block, like the trigger area, that you can connect to the core as an exit Spot, where you then spawn. to avoid that you jump out at the other end of the ship, there could be a max connection range.

Edit: oops i just read the post above XD
    What about ships exiting a gate?