A mod to switch language

Do you have a need for other languages version of Starmade

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Yesterday there are some people requesting for a chinese version of starmade in the chinese starmade community/forum hosted by baidu. And I remember I saw some similar post on a japanese gaming site for starmade in the past. But I am not good at java, the scripts I know are all for making websites......

So is there any one can help, creating a mod to switch language pack and a standard language pack in english. Then others like me, can help to translate the english language pack into other languages.

And this is only UI base, no need to change the commands. just like Counter Strike, the UI and the name of the items in game can be in different languages, but the command line still use english.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    I think this is possible by simply changing the block config, and the image resources for the UI. some of it cant be done with out schema having a role in it though, such as the content in the menus.

Last edited by a moderator:

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I think ppls are just too lazy for learning proper English.
    It is not my first language <--

Peoples who don't speak English can't contribute to English discussions and because of that it is not exactly the first thing I would request ;)

To change languages you may edit some StarMade/data/image-resources and StarMade/data/config/blockConfig.xml (help texts for blocks in shops and block names).

But I recommend to not change block names too much, or peoples are not able to tell in English which block they are talking about.

I hope for you that StarMade supports Chinese letters in-game :D