A different kind of "circle generator"

Reaction score
    This is a little tool for people who, like myself, find themselves on a Minecraft website counting lines of blocks for their current SM build. The spoiler contains brief instructions on the what and how.

I welcome anyone who decides to add to this, improve it, or use it to improve something else.:)

So, I found myself making a circular structure in Starmade for the umpteenth time. For this I usually go to my favourite Minecraft circle generator, counting the blocks in each straight run and listing adjacent duplicate runs with a x2, x3 etc.
    The result is a bunch of time spent doing something that a computer can do better and faster.....

I thought about writing a program to do this, but I haven't done code in years. And I then said to myself, why not use a spreadsheet? So that's what I did. All I have to do is put the desired radius in the appropriate spot on sheet 1(named "Variables"), the work gets done on sheet 2, and sheet 3 (named "Instructions") has a list of block run lengths and how many runs at that length.

I'm posting the spreadsheet file here in it's original format and one or two MS Office formats ( zipped together), because I'll just bet there's at least one other person out there that likes to make radial designs in their buildings and stations.

If anyone would like a quick tutorial on how I use this to speed my building, let me know.

I'll re-post this in the mod's section (thanks for the advice, 'Fid).

And if anybody wants to improve this, feel free.

Attachments