A detacher! for detaching parts of your ship.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    First of all i love this game. a good thing to add to the game, which i just thought of. you could add a detacher, so you can detach part of your ship, say if it was on fire or damaged. (you should also add fire to the game). with this added you could assign it to a number key just like assigning a weapons computer to a number key. this would make for interesting gameplay and roleplay. this would be good if one of your engines was about to be blown up. you should also add a way to re-attach it to your ship.

P.S. if this has already been commented on or it is already been implemented to the game before i said this i am sorry for wasting time and space.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    i really love the idea of having detachable sections of your ship perhaps by bulkheads or something, the way people do that atm is by docking turrets/ships along the whole hull of the ship and making them look like part of the ship.

this is like you said that could detach and reattach and used to repair the ship, but since in this game when your ship get cut in half it keeps acting like one ship, and there is no debree(which in my opinion there should be) its unlikely each of our idea\'s will be implemented, you should try to get creative whit some stuff.

TL:DR?
    great idea, wish this worked, along whit debree, but not likely to happen.

Reaction score
    I dislike the idea of fire in this game. However, a detacher would be really good for quite a lot of applications

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xu-qRKpmFT4&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PLtn-sCIhYT9PjFNsbqTSGSfrL37-X9ygQ

Skip to 5:35 if you wanna see a ship that does that does some detaching using docking. There may be more, i just happened to see this video and it fit what you were asking about

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Master Builder Bronze
    #1 it\'s spelled debris

#2 i agree on the detacheable thing. it would make fixing large ships a lot easier just by replacing detacheable chunks with blueprinted chunks

#3 fire can only exist with oxygen... and since there\'s none in space, fires are brief puffs asnd flashes at most from the on-board oxygen stores and nothing more.

Reaction score
    Perhaps plasma or something other might serve as an alternative to fire; this could cause damage over time, and perhaps spread to some extent.

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I have a suggestion-- Blocks fall off after they are 30 blocks away from another one that is attached to the core, and shooting a power tank or generator causes a fire that spreads much, much slower than the minecraft fire.